Fiber

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
Today, I changed my settings to track fiber instead of sugar. After looking over my meal diary for the past 2 months, and to my complete shock, I am eating very little fiber. I thought that with all those salads and green leafy vegetables I was eating, that would give me all the fiber I need. Wow, was I wrong.

I really do need to start adding in some high fiber beans and legumes, but fearful of the higher calorie values. Guess it is time to start searching the internet for high fiber, low calorie recipes. any suggestions?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Beans and lentils have a ton of fiber for the calories. If you aren't as familiar with eating them, I find that chili is a great way to introduce more beans to your diet. It's also very easy to tweak for the calories.

This is one of my favorite chili recipes: http://www.meettheshannons.net/2011/03/betty-crocker-project-5-bean-chili.html

It's vegan, but you can customize it however you'd like. And you can make it in the slow cooker. Because of all the beans, it will be a bit higher calorie -- but it's mean to be a main dish (and it's very filling and satisfying).