Avocado is the "it" ingredient!

Options
Before getting into my new health and fitness regiment, I'd not prepared meals with avocado - I didn't even know how to ripen them! However, over the past month I have used avocado has a meal supplement that makes me miss carbs a bit less. For example, I seared a turkey loin/chop and melted a piece of reduced fat pepper jack cheese on top and then topped it with slices of avocado. Yum!!! Total calories were about 200! I am a foodie and big on taste and My buds were quite happy! I've also purchased fast food half salads and topped with avocado once at home and again, makes all the difference without adding a bunch of calories!

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! It's truly a "superfood" in every sense of the word! I make this super good low fat beef chili, and I had some avocado to use up. Tossed chunks of it in and it was heaven!
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. A while ago I stayed in a hotel in Santo Domingo and they served up sliced avocados with the breakfast. This really made me see the joy of avos.

The fast food salad tip is a great one, so thanks for that. I doubt there's a food that can't be improved by the addition of avocado.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    `