anyone have a white tattoo?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
Im thinking about getting one, but haven't completely made up my mind. I have a design in mind, simple and small (~1.5" square).

I have 2 color tàttoos currently, but have seen a few white ones that I really like.

Do you have one? Can I see it? Regrets? Opinions?

:)

Replies

• NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have white innnn my tattoos. What specifically is holding you back from pulling the trigger?
  • mkakids
    Options
    I have white innnn my tattoos. What specifically is holding you back from pulling the trigger?

I want it exposed, somewhere I will see it always. Im debating between my wrist and the soft spot between my thumb and hand. My other tatoos are easily covered and Im not quite sure how I feel about a tatoo that can't easily be covered.

It would be a memorial tat for my daughter, Julia, who was born to soon. No other locations have really seemed right to me, but not being able to cover it....Im just undecided.
  • NYRhockey00
    Options
    It will all depend on how your skin takes the ink, white is a fickle color. I say pull the trigger...go wrist.
  • NYRhockey00
    Options
    Yes, its a *kitten* of a color.
  • ExoticaJill
    ExoticaJill Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been considering it too. Would love to see some that are healed.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I was going to get a white tattoo on my wrist but I had a hard time finding an artist prepared to do it because it fades so quickly. I would've thought they would be even more reluctant to do one on your hand because of the same reason. They do look beautiful though! :)
  • NYRhockey00
    Options
    Good point. Many artists dont want something, that represents their work, that will fade quickly
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a tattoo artist and has many white ones on herself. Here is one on a client:
    gaqmfmyjmqnj.jpg
  • ExoticaJill
    ExoticaJill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is exquisite! Thank you for sharing. <3
  • mkakids
    Options
    I was going to get a white tattoo on my wrist but I had a hard time finding an artist prepared to do it because it fades so quickly. I would've thought they would be even more reluctant to do one on your hand because of the same reason. They do look beautiful though! :)

I have found someone who does them already, thankfully :)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

I have found someone who does them already, thankfully :)

I wouldn't worry about fading, you can always go back & have it touched up or colored in if you're tired of white. Here's one of her cover ups that I just love.
    0e2gizcg60ua.jpg