Under daily calorie goal

I am trying to have 1200 calories a day but with exercise added in I am under my calorie goal every day. How accurate is MFP in calories in /out and is being under a problem?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    MFP for Calories in is on you to be accurate.

Calories out people typically eat 50-75% of them...I always eat them all. No issues.

If you are low...eat some ice cream or have a beer .
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Maybe don't eat some ice cream or have beer lol.... I am under my calorie goal almost every day and it is frustrating because i am eating enough to be full. But, I work full time monday to friday so i make sure i eat breakfast before i leave for work , at work ill eat a snack around 10am , Lunch is when i try to fill up because it allows me enough time proccess my food vs. eating right before bed. Then in the afternoon i will have an other snack. After work i workout for an hour or so then go home to dinner filled with protein. If i still havent reached my calorie goal then I will have an other snack that is nutricious. Like cottage cheese, yogurt and berries, or a piece of whole wheat toast with banana. I also like rice cakes and vegetable thins as a light snack before bed.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Peanut butter.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    You want to fuel your workouts as well as daily life, so try to eat your goal, plus anything from 50% up of your exercise (you can slowly increase the % until you're at your target loss rate in real life). Under-fueling can result - cumulatively, over a period of time - in things like fatigue, or, at a severe extreme, unnecessary loss of muscle tissue, brittle nails, hair loss, etc. You want to stay strong and healthy, right?