Calorie consumption

Options

Is it better to be under my calories or eat something that's not "healthy" to hit my goal ? I'm sometimes about 1100 calories at the end of the day. I could easily eat a few cookies to hit my caloric goal but is that silly? Also, should I exercise on days that I don't eat enough calories. It's hard for me to eat enough because I'm trying to eat "healthy" and I don't have much variation in the foods I eat.

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    So...vary the foods you eat? Get yourself a jar of peanut butter and hit those goals.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »
    So...vary the foods you eat? Get yourself a jar of peanut butter and hit those goals.

This^

Won't your foods be varied during maintenance? Incorporating some of those foods now, lets you know the portion sizes for those too.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary so we can make suggestions?

You might want to read this:
    http://www.iifym.com/what-is-iifym/

That said, you don't have to have a cookie if you don't want it. If you do want it, you don't have to avoid it either.
    I made the mistake of being too restrictive when I first started losing weight and I did okay for awhile (6-7 months to be exact). Eventually though it became boring, repetitive and I did fall off track.

Are you eating a lot of low fat foods? Adding in foods with fat (nuts, oils, nut spreads, cheese) will help you get a few more calories in as well as help you get the dietary fat your body needs. (just a guess, since I can't see what your currently eating)