After you reach your goal weight...

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I fantasize that I'll buy nice clothes. I probably won't though. I'm sure by the time I get to 160 I'll fantasize about eating at maintenance.
  • Odiaa
    Odiaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I plan on seeing the world again and doing things with my family and friends again. I also plan on dating again when I get all of the weight off. And I am going to have a well deserved trip to Disney World.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I don't have a goal weight. I just treat myself to things along the road toward my strength/body composition goals. I bought Versace perfume today. I have no idea how small I will be when I'm done cutting and the seasons are changing so I'm not buying clothes.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm actually thinking I might want to take my goal weight another few pounds down, from 145 to maybe 141, based on a body fat percentage of around 21-22%. I'm 150 and around 26.9% now. And then just maintain and bask in the happiness and self-confidence that has come from my little journey. I might, miiiight, switch into recomp. I've been mulling that over as well. But it's much more of a maybe than the "few more pounds"
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Excited to buy new clothes and not have to wear my body shaping tank top I don't leave the house without :)

Just excited to feel better about myself and be the size I was in high school; back when I thought i was fat!!!

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I will probably break down and cry with the intensity I did the day I decided I had to lose weight. Because that's just how I respond to very stressful and successful situations alike.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hit my goal weight the week before I fly out from UK to Orlando and Disney (3 weeks) That will be a massive challenge starting maintenance on holiday but if I have to lose a few when I get back that's fine too! Planning on buying a new wardrobe out there which is keeping me very motivated to get these last 4lbs off
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Good question. I'm a pound or two away. I think I'll race bikes once I hit my goal weight. B)

In fact, that starts next weekend for me. :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Start a recomp. And wear tiny clothes. :sunglasses:
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like others have said, i will continue on the journey and start building muscle. I don't just want to be thin, i want to be toned. My goal weight is 120, i'm not exactly sure if that'll be my actual goal, i'll have to see what i like, maybe i will have to lose more weight? Who knows. But i think i'll up my calories more and start heading to the gym.

But i will need to buy a whole new wardrobe. Absolutely nothing fits! From Bras and panties all the way to new shirts/shorts and jeans.. Even pj's fall off now! :p
  • lostgoals
    lostgoals Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I already reward myself every 10 pounds, whether it is shoes because who knew feet shrink with weight loss, or my first tattoo (scheduled later today :smiley: ) Already have an vacation scheduled for July in the Dominican Republic so that is pressure well if I want to scuba dive and not be the floater anyway. I just want to be able to live, to be able to pull off on the side of the road and walk a trail for a mile or two, to park far away from the store doors and walk comfortably avoiding the bustle of parking near the front.

That all pales in comparison to what I really want to do when I get to my goal weight, and that is enjoy my children for much longer than I could have had I not changed my life.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Try on the clothes I wore in my before photo, then go out & buy a few new clothes (after 2 yrs of living from Goodwill!) I will prob get s body fat measurement in a bod pod of hydro tank.

I was just thinking about this. I was wondering if I wanted to get a dexa-type scan now, and decided it would be a lot more useful once I get to maintenance weight. Then I could decide if I want to recomp or what body fat goals I might have.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Buy new clothes and -hopefully it will still be summer- go swimming in a bikini!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know, I don't expect to become an athlete or suddenly have tons of time to train for marathons. I want an average life, getting the minimum recommended exercise every day. I don't imagine perfection, I imagine shopping at normal stores for clothes whenever I would like something new. I'd like to get to a comfortable size and stick with it so I can have an actual wardrobe with outfits, not just some things to cover my body.

I would like to have my breasts augmented some day, but it's unlikely to coincide with a weight loss goal.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I will ever get to goal in the sense of waking up one day, hopping on the scale and going "woohoo!". Because my goals aren't heavily scale based. It's a physical thing. I have a goal range I am aiming for and once there I will reassess whether to lose more or focus on fitness and recomp.

I will however, start buying a lot more clothes and full price too, not just in the sales!

I'm very much looking forward to maintenance calories though.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Go on a shopping spree and revamp my entire closet!
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    have my boyfriend carry me around like i'm yoda
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I want to get actually fit and learn to actually eat healthy rather than just staying below
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hit my goal weight the week before I fly out from UK to Orlando and Disney (3 weeks) That will be a massive challenge starting maintenance on holiday but if I have to lose a few when I get back that's fine too! Planning on buying a new wardrobe out there which is keeping me very motivated to get these last 4lbs off

You'll walk so much at Disney that I wouldn't worry a whole lot! :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Lately, thinking about getting cosmetic surgery for the extra belly skin once it's all said and done.