Tattoo and working out

Options
agalle202
agalle202 Posts: 36 Member
I am getting a full sleeve started tomorrow on my Right arm. I am wondering the wait time to get back in the Gym I am taking tomorrow off and really dont wanna take off any more time. Friday is Chest day for me so would not be arms at all but would flex them. Should I wait or just do it?

Replies

• NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Try and reduce the amount of friction in the tattoo'd area. Can lead to fading and line blow outs.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I got mine on my back they said a week to 2 weeks. Depends on how quickly you heal. For me I waited almost two weeks. Did not want to take the chance of destroying the tattoo.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wear a vest to avoid friction, give it a few days to begin the healing process and when you do train apply moisturizer (I used Bepanthon UK) I'm sure your tattooist will advise for whats best in your local area. I wouldn't train the following day, for your chest session though, nothing may happen to it but its better to be safe than sorry right?
  • twb_tattoo
    twb_tattoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just keep it moist you should be good dont let it rub or get irritated.
  • smorris142896
    smorris142896 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I got mine on my side I took about a week break from working out. I still tried to stay active, but the artist said to take it easy and why risk ruining the tattoo. Im sure as long as you don't go crazy in the gym you'll be fine.
  • Fitter_30
    Fitter_30 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've worked in a tattoo studio a few years and I really would suggest waiting longer than a day. If you really must go, keep it moist and avoid working that area completely. It will already be stolen and extra strain won't help it.
    Most people are ok after, but others are not. It's a big risk to gamble with something stuck on you for life for the sake of a couple of days!
    Good luck tho
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'd have taken a day or 2 off to let the swelling go down. Have you got a sleeve already? because your arm is really quite stiff afterwords! (i have a half sleeve)
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    not to mention the skin feels kinda tight if it's over a large area...
  • agalle202
    agalle202 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys and girls. I am going in 20mins and I actually am gonna take tomorrow off till monday and just maybe go for a walk
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    Yeah I think that's a wise move. Since its the start of a full sleeve is this sitting for getting all the outlining set down? What are you getting (sorry, I'm nosy)