Losing too fast?

Options
After my first week using this site, I lost 5 pounds. I was really excited, but I know it's recommended to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Is it okay that I lost that much my first week? I'm significantly overweight, and don't heavier people lose faster at the beginning? Just want to make sure this is okay. Of course, I could weigh myself next week and not lose a pound. Just curious. My concern is that I wasn't eating back exercise calories. I'm still hesitant to do so because I am not sure exactly how many calories I'm burning, but I want to do this as healthy as possible.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Most people lose fast in the beginning. A large chunk is water loss.
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Also heavier people lose weight quicker at first as their body has to work harder to shift the weight. And as above said some of it is probably water anyway. Just carry on and good luck!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Don't pay attention to it. The first few days/week you'd lose a lot. It is not going to stay like this. Its mostly water (and poo haha :) )
    My husband went from 230 to 220 in the first week. :) Of course now he's losing 1lbs a week tops.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's just beginning water weight. I lost 10 pounds in one week when I started.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal. It happened to me too. It won't last ;)
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Also beginner's luck.
  • Sgt_Pepper33
    Sgt_Pepper33 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone!