Can't get motivated

Options
I'm just about at my all time highest weight that I haven't been in over 10 years. Granted I had a baby 2 years ago but even afterwards I dropped within a few pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight and I've somehow gained 10+ pounds after that.

It's getting to the point where I avoid leaving the house, I avoid some gatherings because the thought of trying to find something to wear makes me panic. I absolutely hate my post-pregnancy body, it's changed so much I just feel helpless. I also have a hard time being in photos which I'm sure my son will notice one day.

I just can't stay motivated. Losing weight now is harder than it's ever been (not sure if this has something to do with breastfeeding), I feel so stuck and I'm starting to get depressed. I come up with a plan every week for how I'm going to do better but then the depression seems to get the better of me. By the weekend I'm just ready to have fun and I blow everything off.

I know a lot of people have been here before, how did you handle it? What made you really get motivated? What breakthroughs have you had?

Replies

• yourieann
    yourieann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We all have been there at some time are another.. I myself is just getting back on the wagon a week ago you have to push itself real hard ...for me when I look in the mirror I hate what I see...I hate how my clothes fit ...I'm uncomfortable I'm my skin...what keeps me motivated is I took a pic on march 28 the date I start back on my journey 3 months from now I'm going to take another pic whenever I look at those 2 pics I must see a difference that's what get me out of bed at 5:30 am in the morning to exercise.....make Small goal's... When the weekend come around tell itself its not worth it after all the hard work u have put in at the beginning of the week..u got this ...
  • BLB4L21
    BLB4L21 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've found the best thing for me was to find something I enjoyed doing. I hated working out because I wasn't a fan of going to the gym and lifting weights and all that. I tried every home workout plan you can think of. Then I found cycling. I love riding and it keeps me fit. It's much easier to motivate yourself to exercise if it's something you want to do. My advice would be to try anything and everything that you can until you find something you enjoy and stick with it. Eventually it might even lead you to other activities.

Just keep trying, eventually you'll break through that motivational wall. The best form of exercise is one you'll keep doing.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to leave the house isn't motivating for you? What about your baby, your health, etc.