Stair Climber From Hell

Options
2»

Replies

• des_1218
    des_1218 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this! You show that evil stepper who's boss!
  • Ohiomom91
    Ohiomom91 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great gym story. My first time, with a trainer too, she had me get on the elliptical . It felt like I was going to die. She said "Tracy it's been 90 seconds you can go 5 minutes" REALLY???? I continued baby steps adding a little each day and felt like I conquered that machine when I made it 60 minutes! After ankle surgery and self pity I've been away from it and can only do 15 minutes but I'll get there again
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Excellent post - loved reading it. Way to go!
  • VanetteMcG
    VanetteMcG Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :D
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You're better than I am! I got on, but when I realized my fitbit wasn't giving me steps for it, I got right off!
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You're better than I am! I got on, but when I realized my fitbit wasn't giving me steps for it, I got right off!

What fitbit are you using? Due to this post (thanks Tammy!) I finally conquered my fear yesterday morning and got on the stair climber.

My fitbit charge hr added both steps and floors. I did not hold on to the railings, so that could have been a difference...
  • funfitfreeme
    funfitfreeme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sooo... funny. Thanks for the laugh. The Stairmaster was once my favorite cardio machine. Now you've lit that fire again!
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post, so funny. Congratulations on your successes. You got this!
  • sansbuda
    sansbuda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great post! And that toilet thing - we've all been there. :smiley:
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HAHAH! I love this. My stairmaster experience was rather similar - I could only handle 5 minutes when I started! 2 months later..I can do an hour and have significantly upped the speed. I love it! Such a good cardio workout on my non-run days and it REALLY builds the booty! ;)
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hah! Very funny and a good read. :D
  • YasFrank1
    YasFrank1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha this is really encouraging ! You have gave me a new workout to look forward to now !
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lol! Loved your writing style! Looking forward to read your experience when u hit 1000 steps or 2000!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Nice writing style, keep it up (both the writing and the climbing). :)

I did try that awful machine a couple of years ago but the OA in my knees didn't allow me to continue and is not longer recommended by my orthopoedic doctor either. I am also short and the high stride was really getting to me. I think that I only covered about 25 steps before I very "gracefully" exited...

I am now working in the ARC Trainer (which I also had to conquer), but is much better for my knees and hips. It feels great being able to spend time in a cardio equipment that was before our foe, doesn't it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!