Just started the grapefruit Diet

Options
keamber77
keamber77 Posts: 6 Member
I started the Diet Monday , Today is Wednesday and I'm down 4 pounds I am very motivated , if anyone have any tips to offer me , I'm open any tips on healthy food and snack

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes. Stop it. The weight you are losing is the contents of your intestines, which will fill up again when you start eating again. Real food, and enough of it, every day, is healthy food.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Not healthy at all
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Whatever weight u lose will not stay off. You cannot stay on this diet forever!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's taken great dedication to eat nothing but grapefruit for 4 days, but why put yourself through it? It's a very unkind thing to do to your body and mind. Just eat everything that you love & enjoy, but less. Have a sensible calorie goal and stay under it. Lose the weight slowly and steadily. No tricks, no flash - just solid, healthy results.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You must be new here--fad diets are frowned upon. Follow MFP's recomedations and lose weight in a safe and healthy way. It will take you longer, but you'll be glad you did it the right way.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've done many fad diets. Yet here I am (again). Fad diets may help you lose weight. HOWEVER, weight loss is just the first step. The second step is keeping the weight you lost off, forever.

Keeping the weight you lost off, requires some fundamental change. I'm fat because my portions are too big and I snack too much. Why measure & log just a few "allowed" diet foods? If you are going to keep the weight off, you need to know portions for ALL foods, not just those "allowed" on the grapefruit diet.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Is this so-called diet still around? I knew girls in high school that were doing it. Of course they all failed and lost no weight at all.

If you want to lose weight you have to do it the correct way, which is eating less food (REGULAR food) overall. Stupid diets are not necessary.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit diet =/= lifestyle change

Just think about it. What happens when you stop the exclusive grapefruiting? Weight comes roaring back like a freight train.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Im dropping this awesome thread here. Click and READ IT. It would be a major help to ur weight loss goal.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Grapefruit diet =/= lifestyle change

Just think about it. What happens when you stop the exclusive grapefruiting? Weight comes roaring back like a freight train.

I have to agree with everyone posting above. The only way to have true success is by consuming fewer calories than you expend in a day, CICO. We are all here to make healthy, sustainable changes that we can live with for the rest of our lives.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    they don't even look like grapes, can't we find a better name for them?
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    they don't even look like grapes, can't we find a better name for them?

:smiley:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Ditto @zira91 Thanks for Posting. Keamber - It's great you are trying to lose weight and feeling great about starting a new diet. You will find you need more protein and fats in your diet to maintain a healthy weight loss diet. If you focus on a more balanced diet you will have energy and feel satiated. Next week start with fresh veggies and a protein for your meals. Select food choices that do not contain so much sugar. Compare the two weeks and see how you feel.
    lldvae02uzri.jpg
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Starvation 'diets' are not good for you.
  • mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha! Good one!
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    No! Grapefruit is yucky. Try the Cabana Banana Diet instead. I've been on it for three weeks. I haven't lost any weight, but boy, can I climb trees now.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.