Lunch ideas for work!

Options
Good morning all.

I'm really getting into changing my lifestyle now. I want to go that little bit further and actually change what I'm eating to further prompt weight loss - as opposed to just eating within my calorie allowance.

Do any of you have some good lunch ideas that will either not take too much time to make in the morning/simple enough for weekend prep?

I'm currently eating brown bread ham sandwich and soup. While it is nice, I'm getting bored of it. Please help! :smile:

Thank you!

Replies

• Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ezekiel bread (healthiest type of bread that I know) with natural PB, x cups of green peas, a banana.

Takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. Nutrient-rich. A balance of nuts, veggies, fruits, whole grains. Easy.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As far as weight loss goes, it really all comes down to calories. There are no specific foods that cause weight loss, it all comes down to eating fewer calories than you burn.
  • annapage38
    annapage38 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Trump2016 wrote: »
    Ezekiel bread (healthiest type of bread that I know) with natural PB, x cups of green peas, a banana.

Takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. Nutrient-rich. A balance of nuts, veggies, fruits, whole grains. Easy.

That sounds lovely! And I love peanut butter! I will try and find some of that bread!
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Protein and carbs. Grilled chicken with brown rice and some veggies. Ham is not as healthy and not good to have daily long-term. Try different recipes of chicken like Chinese, Peri-Peri etc. But always with good carbs and veggies. Prep on weekends for the week.
  • annapage38
    Options
    As far as weight loss goes, it really all comes down to calories. There are no specific foods that cause weight loss, it all comes down to eating fewer calories than you burn.

Hey Jennifer - I know, I understand that. I'm after some healthier food ideas now. I spend an hour in the gym 6 times a week, play netball once-twice a week and train for it every fortnight. I'm getting a bit stagnant with the weight loss now. I know that's because I'm building muscle again now which is heavier than fat, but I need better fat burning foots to help finish the job :)
  • annapage38
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    Protein and carbs. Grilled chicken with brown rice and some veggies. Ham is not as healthy and not good to have daily long-term. Try different recipes of chicken like Chinese, Peri-Peri etc. But always with good carbs and veggies. Prep on weekends for the week.

Thank you Buff_Man. Maybe it's time for me to get into meal prep for good. I used to do Sweet potato, chicken and veggies. I'll try rice since I've not had it for so long!
  • Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    annapage38 wrote: »

That sounds lovely! And I love peanut butter! I will try and find some of that bread!

Yep. The banana, Ezekiel and PB are obviously convenient but I should also mention green peas can be bought frozen in bulk pretty much everywhere and they don't actually need to be cooked. A simple defrost makes them edible too. 1 cup of peas is 8g of protein too in case you were worried about that - I'll usually have 4-5 cups a day. All of these can be meal-prepped but it's so simplistic that they can even be made fresh without hindering you.

Feel free to sprinkle some turmeric on the peas and cinnamon on the bread. Small doses of both make a fair impact on good health.
  • annapage38
    Options
    annapage38 wrote: »

Yep. The banana, Ezekiel and PB are obviously convenient but I should also mention green peas can be bought frozen in bulk pretty much everywhere and they don't actually need to be cooked. A simple defrost makes them edible too. 1 cup of peas is 8g of protein too in case you were worried about that - I'll usually have 4-5 cups a day. All of these can be meal-prepped but it's so simplistic that they can even be made fresh without hindering you.

Feel free to sprinkle some turmeric on the peas and cinnamon on the bread. Small doses of both make a fair impact on good health.

I love peas, I always have at least two bags in the freezer! Although I've never let them just defrost and eat them. I shall try! Thank you lovely x