ideas

Options
So I need some ideas/suggestions regarding what to eat for breakfast. First let me just say that I HATE eggs. The thought of eggs will actually make me start to gag. I started doing tracking when I was eating Kashi cereal but I found that I was eating way more than the serving size and once I started eating the serving size I realized I was hungry about an hour later after also adding some fresh fruit. So I switched to lower sugar oatmeal but find that I am still having the same experience. I need something that is going to hold me over longer but also that is lower in carbs as I seem to take in a lot of carbs in the morning. Sorry for the long explanation but any suggestions are really appreciated.

Replies

• IndyHannah
    IndyHannah Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Porridge is great for keeping you full for longer as it's so release. I used to have mine with a bit of jam (to stop me putting sugar in) Or maybe try some kind of fruit smoothie? Add low fat yoghurt to fill you up more. Some people just do don't breakfast well (me being one of them) so maybe you just need to think of good morning snacks to have as soon as you start to feel hungry. Like fruit salads, or rice cakes that kind of thing? Hope this helps...

:D
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Ezekiel Bread http://www.foodforlife.com/

Bacon Lettuce and Tomato with Cheese on Ezekiel Bread
    Grilled Cheese on Ezekiel Bread
    Peanut Butter and Jelly

Grilled Salmon and Grits
    Lox, Cream Cheese, Tomato & Red Onion on a Whole Wheat Bagel Thin
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    This is my standard during the week breakfast. I have to be at work by 7:30am so I usually eat it at my desk when I get it. This holds me over until my morning snack at about 10:30 and then I have no problem making it to lunch time.

Simply Orange - 100% Orange Juice, 1 cup
    Thomas' Bagel Thins - Everything Bagel, 1 bagel
    Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Cream Cheese 1/3 Less Fat, 1 tbsp (28g)
    Welch's - Concord Grape Jam, 0.5 Tbsp
    Total Calories 280 Carbs 58 Fat 4 Sodium 255
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    I usually have a piece of whole grain toast with 1/2 tbs of peanut butter along with my cereal in the morning - its not that many extra calories and the whole grains plus the protein and fat from the peanut butter help keep me full for a few more hours.
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothie (on food list under Deb's fruit smoothie) 1 cup lowfat milk, vanilla fat free yogurt, and frozen fruit of your choice. Blend together and you have a filling breakfast and you can take it with you. I'm at work at 6:00 a.m. so many times it goes in a to go cup. You can also add some protein powder or sometimes a nuke a piece of turkey sausage for protein. works well and is filling.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast that are higher in protein, like a Greek salad w/ feta cheese and garbanzos. Also, peanut butter is really satiating (for me at least) and usually only 1 tablespoon does it, which is about 100 calories so on a piece of light wheat toast with a banana, it comes to about 245 calories. Best of luck!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I too recommend toast and peanut butter. Satisfying and energizing. I also like yogurt with a handful of oats or cut flax seed mixed into it. The grains help it stick to your ribs a bit better than just yogurt alone.
  • cowboy_lover04
    Options
    try whole wheat toast with smuckers sugar free jelly, it sounds yukky but its really good! you can also use the i cannot believe its not butter spray. not to bad! ;)