Meal Prep Container question

Options
Emily3907
Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So, I am considering starting a weekly meal prep each Sunday for both me and my husband. I am planning on purchasing some containers, but having trouble narrowing down which ones are best. So, for those of you that do regular meal prep, what containers do you use? Where did you purchase them?

I am looking for something that has at least 3 compartments.

Thanks!

Replies

• lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I know Rubbermaid has some like that..... I would check out target, I live in Texas so I got mine from HEB.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I bought these in 2 compartments and 3 compartments. I love them. They don't stain like rubbermaid. http://www.amazon.com/ChefLand-3-Compartment-Microwave-Container-Divided/dp/B00PY032QK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1460031728&sr=8-8&keywords=meal+container
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »

Thanks! I was thinking I would need to get glass containers, because I worry about the staining with the plastic. But, with that price, even if they turn to crap in a few months, it would not be expensive to replace.

Thanks for the link!
  • adriennedanielle86
    adriennedanielle86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Rubbermaid until they magically disappear! I also found some awesome little containers from HEB (TX store) but for my boyfriend I bought disposable (and yet they can be reused) from Amazon. Works out best for us because he doesn't always bring the container home or he leaves it in the trunk forever. Those can be bought in all shapes and sizes, some even have multiple compartments.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Search Sistema on Amazon...we have a ton of their containers and they are excellent! My husband is in law enforcement and works in prisons occasionally, so he's not allowed to pack food in glass containers, so these work great! They have a huge product selection and I'd be shocked if you couldn't find what you're looking for. I love their salad bowls, which have a top section where you put your dressing, and other toppings that could make your salad mushy, then when I go to eat it, I pour that all into the bowl part with the lettuce and it's perfect!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    dollar store rubber made they last about three four months in dishwasher or a six months if hand washed but so inexpensive. I food prep everyweek
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I just get the large package of rubbermaid containers at the store. They come in 5 different sizes, which helps since I am always prepping different things.
  • Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My thing is I don't like putting anything in plastic containers. I'm phasing them out of my home and replacing them with lots of glass that vary in size. If I have to take two or three, I take two or three and put them in a lunch box. I have a dishwasher to clean them, my lunch is BPA free, and nothing is warped or stained.