Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I looking for suggestions for an inexpensive but accurate HRM for cycling and walking/jogging. What would you recommend?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Something with a chest strap. When I was doing my research, I narrowed my choices down to either a Polar FT4 or a New Balance N4. I'm on a budget, so turned to eBay and put auctions for new items of each on my watchlist. The NB came up first, so that's what I've got - been using it for two years and it works great.

I think they both retail for around $70, but you can often find them online for less.
  • Sprinkelss
    Sprinkelss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a polar its great and I love it! :)
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ive had 3 Polars and Ive LOVED all three. Ive upgraded it every year. Cant get enough of them!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4. Got it for less than $60 on Amazon!!!!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I looking for suggestions for an inexpensive but accurate HRM for cycling and walking/jogging. What would you recommend?

I bought a Polar FT4 from a local Sears that was going out of business. It's met my needs fairly well.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It sounds like the FT4 is the way to go!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and absolutely love it. I use it every single day!
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I got the New Balance N4. It was on sale at Target for $20!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 and it was great for about a year - then the chest strap became extremely temperamental. For value, I have now gone with the Timex ones - they aren't as fancy as Polar but they have a cheststrap and they definitely do a job.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    FT40 here, love it.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 here, I bought it on Amazon.

We all luffs our HRMs lol :heart:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft7, seems to work pretty good, I would suggest if you go with the polars, get them on amazon and check the price for each color they offer. When I got mine, I wanted the black with silver, which was almost $80, I figured if I was going to spend that much I would see if I liked one of the colored band ones better so I looked through the other colors to see if I would like a color instead and discovered that the prices were different! I bought the black and gold one for about $75 including shipping which was the least expensive of the bunch (BTW I checked my local stores to see which ones they had in stock because I wanted it right away rather than waiting for it to be shipped and they were running about $109 not including tax, I ordered it online since it was less expensive and I got it in about three days)