Breakfast recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    also, if you are interested to try asian breakfasts - you can make a savory porridge (congee or jook) with rice or substitute steel cut oats with vegetable broth, serve with kabocha pumpkin on top, fried shiitake mushroom cilantro, scallions, chinese black vinegar and a drop of sesame oil. i also often have a kelp and miso with ginger soup for breakfast, but i know it's not always for western palates in the morning
  • LE_Tetley
    LE_Tetley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dip 2 slices of toasted whole grain / low carb bread in a mix of: 3 oz egg beaters or 1.5 eggs beaten, 1tsp of vanilla, +/- generous tsp of cinnamon, a sprinkle of brown sugar or sweetner, cook in a skillet with some non stick oil / spray oil like French toast and top with fat free whipped topping - or whatever syrup / whipped cream / butter if you like. It makes almost 3 slices and I give the almost slice to the dog for a treat. I usually munch some mini sweet peppers as I cook this because I have to have some veggies anyway but it is my very favorite comfort breakfast made for about 160 calories depending on what you use and what/how much you top it with. Sometimes amidst all the struggle you do have to 'treat' yourself to something decadent and this works as it is Frenchie Toast style but so better on the calories.