Are the Naked juices/smoothies any good?

Options
I have been drinking these on the regular because of the nutrients that they provide....but are they really any good? Or is this too good to be true?? Help!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Read the label.
  • tarboro84
    tarboro84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Read the label.

I did read the label dear. That's why u drink them. But you know sometimes research or studies shows that somethings are not as good as they look......
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i saw naked....and im gone
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you mean by good. Good tasting? Good nutrition? Good compared to what? Compared to fruit? Or compared to soda?

For me personally, I'd feel much more satisfied if I ate the equivalent calories in whole fruit/veg. Bottled juices always have a flat "cooked" taste to me and just don't fill me up for the calories. But if you like juice, and you can fit it in your calorie/nutrition goal then rock on. I can see how it would be a good alternative for people on the go.
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would make my own, just so you know exactly what you're putting in. I live by J.J. Smith's green smoothies. :)
    P.S. Sorry I didn't answer your question, but when something has changed your life you want to share!! At least I do. ;)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like them, especially the green one, but they are calorific for a drink so I usually have half one day and half the next, so I have more calories for solid food.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Some naked drinks contain more sugar than pepsi (without any of the fiber in fruit).
    http://factually.gizmodo.com/some-naked-juice-contains-more-sugar-than-pepsi-1608055282
    http://rebootedbody.com/naked-juice/
    I am NOT saying sugar is evil. Please no discussions on that.
    Consider a small can of V8 low sodium instead.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you consider good and what your goals are. Way too many calories for my goals, I need those calories for food.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Too many calories and sugar for me. I am far more satiated by eating whole fruits and veggies themselves. I've put some in a blender before with my protein powder, but I still put the Whole thing in the blender--thus getting the fiber, not just the juice.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Too high calorie. Too low protein. This is NOT a weightloss/diet drink IMO.

For 300 calories I could have two small chicken thighs and some asparagus. Or an apple, banana and orange. Or my lunch salad today with a full head of lettuce, red peppers, corn, black beans, grilled chicken and avocado.

Not suitable for a meal replacement but has the calories of a meal? No thanks.
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I was an undergrad I used to drink them all the time. I had a meal plan with campus dollars, and there wasn't a place to buy fruit on campus so I ended up using Naked to supply some of those vitamins. I'd drink about half a bottle with some toast and eggs and it made a pretty tasty breakfast. My one complaint was that for something called a fruit "smoothie", it sure lacked in fiber.

Power C-machine was my favorite, but I see they now have a chia cherry lime flavor that looks appetizing.
  • monicaale38
    monicaale38 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Too high calorie. Too low protein. This is NOT a weightloss/diet drink IMO.

For 300 calories I could have two small chicken thighs and some asparagus. Or an apple, banana and orange. Or my lunch salad today with a full head of lettuce, red peppers, corn, black beans, grilled chicken and avocado.

Not suitable for a meal replacement but has the calories of a meal? No thanks.

That's exactly how I see the food now, is like money , you have to be smart how you spend it!