Success - Down 80lbs, only took me 5 years.

Options
izerop
izerop Posts: 69 Member
MFP has helped me succeed with my "original" goals. A streak of 285 days on here is what got me where I am now. I did not log all of my days. I missed many, but kept going with the process. My final push got me to my new low weight of 195lbs (good for me being 6 foot 2, with a large body frame). It took me 4 years of trial and error before this past year I discovered "success" with this process.

This last streak I started at about 265lbs and now weight roughly 195lbs. I have been holding 195 now for 2 months.

I have lost weight, yes (80 lbs over 5 years), but alas that no longer is my goal. Make no mistake... counting calories works, it has worked for me and works for so many people. That is not up for debate. As of late, I have discovered I can succeed without counting/weighing food. Coming to MFP to simply increase my "day streak" seems counter productive. I will still use MFP for cutting when the time comes.

Process is now the goal. Remember, there is never a "finished" state, you'll always be gaining or losing (changing). Process is the only thing that truly "works".

If I could give myself advice 5 years ago, it would be focus on eating a TON of good quality foods. Focus a real strength training program like 5x5, 5x3x1, BBB or others (any progressive overload plan that suits you). There are no shortcuts. Don't look for the easy or the quick. Focus on process and keep going until you die.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Here are some photos:

Before (275lb+ not really sure, but I was big)
2l52awa11qwm.jpg

After

qjaa3mhyb7ij.jpg

xyqv5tcs38s4.jpg

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    great work and sage advice. happy for you!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You've done some great work! You look so healthy now. Enjoyed your advice, thanks for sharing that! :)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Excellent results!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and dedication :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy and happy, thank you for the inspiration!
    And congratulations!
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!