Weight Loss, Workout, Breastfeeding

I'm fully breastfeeding my baby. I'm not pumping. I want to lose weight so I started working out my arms, chest, back, abs, then legs. My workout lasts for 50 minutes. And throughout the day, I still do leg raises while feeding my baby. I also do some additional squats while holding my baby. I'm on my first week. I also spend at least a total of 45 minutes a day walking at a leisurely pace.

I'm taking my prenatal vitamins, too.

I categorized myself as an active person, so MFP assigned 1,600 calories/day to me.

When I log my exercises, I end up having more remaining calories for the day. However, I'm not feeling hungry. Should I force myself to eat to meet my calorie needs? If I don't, am I risking myself or my baby to malnutrition?

I also need diet suggestions that will help me get the nutrition I need to produce good milk while promoting weight loss.

Thank you everybody for your responses.

Replies

• RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Check out The Leaky Boob page and TLBMoves group on Facebook. They're an amazing resource.
  • dorcaspdomingo
    dorcaspdomingo Posts: 4 Member
    RA60172 wrote: »
    Check out The Leaky Boob page and TLBMoves group on Facebook. They're an amazing resource.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I already liked the page. And joined the Leaky Boob Community. I'll browse through the post there! :)
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    If you're not hungry, and your supply is not hurting, then you should be fine. But if your supply starts dwindling, increase your intake.
  • dorcaspdomingo
    dorcaspdomingo Posts: 4 Member
    If you're not hungry, and your supply is not hurting, then you should be fine. But if your supply starts dwindling, increase your intake.

Thanks for the advice! Maybe if I needed to eat more, I'll just do more exercises to lose weight.