4th of July: Cheat Day

Options
I have never-- and I mean never have had a cheat day in the past five months, so I've decided that today will be my cheat day. Of course, I'll stay under my calories, but for the rest of it: I don't care.

Anyone else cheating today?

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    How is it a cheat day if you stay under your calories?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound lie a cheat day, it sounds like...a day.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have never-- and I mean never have had a cheat day in the past five months, so I've decided that today will be my cheat day. Of course, I'll stay under my calories, but for the rest of it: I don't care.

I don't "cheat" per se, because I'm not "dieting" ... that being said, I sure did enjoy a bunch of BBQ and a piece of cherry pie :-) Went over my calories by about 220, but no worries. Worth every single one. Don't look at it as cheating, because this is the way you're going to be eating for the rest of your life. Birthday cakes will come, ice cream will come, brownies ... you get the idea. You gotta enjoy them!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I didn't. I didn't eat as well as I usually do, but I was still under my calories for the day, and I had pie!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Since you're not going over your calories, are you talking about cheating on your spouse or something?
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to, but Chinese food for dinner is calling my name. Couple that with the slice of pizza I had for lunch, I'm now over my calories. So yes, it's a cheat cause I went over. And no, I don't consider pizza "cheat" food, as long as I stick to a slice or 2 and I'm under my calories.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was going to but then I acutally didn't. I just had chicken breast and grilled peppers and avacado. I did have a nearly 300 calorie Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonde, which was yummy, but I still didn't go anywhere near over my calories. I made myself proud. I am still only 3 or so weeks into this, so I don't think I should be "cheating" just yet.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Exactly. :laugh:
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I understand why you consider it a cheat day. I have a list of foods I avoid, and when I eat them, I consider them cheats. Even if the total calorie value is okay, the foods I chose didn't have the nutritional wallop I prefer in my food. If I ate nothing but Pringle's but stayed within my calories, that would not be a good day.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I had 1 slice of giant New York pizza. And stayed under my calories, worked out for 90 mins . So just a typical day I guess.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was over my calories but still in a deficit so not too bad. Too much good food around to avoid. I had three slices of watermelon.
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I just looked at your diary (hope you don't mind; if they're open I usually figure they're fair game). I'm concerned for you-it looks like by "cheat" you mean eat more than your usual 300-500 calories per day. Have you been doing this for a long time?
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lol, Folks responses are priceless!

Since its a lifestyle change for me, I've learned to eat in moderation and enjoy food....everyday! I don't feel guilty when I have my favorite foods, I just learned when to stop and if I eat out, I do just that...eat OUT and don't bring the whole box of donuts home, or I buy a mini container of ice cream vs. a pint or half gallon!

Yesterday I hit the gym early and kept my meals light so I could enjoy my cake and yams for dinner,along with BBQ chicken. I didn't go over and didnt feel awful at the end of the day! Just all about planning!

My motto: if you fail to plan, then u plan to fail!

Hope your weekend if fab,

Shannon ATL,GA
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Meh, I do a "modified cheat day" which means idgaf about macros that day. Basically just a carb load. Now a refeed is something totally different lol. But, a refeed is structured and has all sorts of rules (no fruits, low fat, lots of complex carbs, etc.)
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I did at least it was great too, didn't log any of it though I wasn't home much , but the day was great it was suppose to thunderstorm that day but it never did ,so there were fireworks , I watched them on TV though because my girls are small wasn't sure how they would react to the loud booming noises , but next year I want to see them hoping they love them as much as I do.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I "cheated" yesterday. I consumed about 2,000 calories. I am not too upset :)

But yeah, if you stay with in your calorie goal, I don't think it can be considered cheating....
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    why call it a cheat day? Cheating is a thing of guilt and shame. I ate lots of ice cream, and did not go over my macros and I dont care. I do not feel guilty. In fact I enjoyed it immensely!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    There is not cheating.. there is eating and exercising.

i'm not on a diet. Therefore no cheating can occur.

You make eating something you want sound evil. I actually ate pretty good yesterday considering.

I just exercise more.. plus i'm starving.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh it was cheat day alright.. for me, at least. Ugh. Haha.
  • Vicki8524
    Vicki8524 Posts: 33
    Options
    OP -Just looking at your profile. So you are trying to get to 95lbs and your goal is 1000 calories a day? I really hope you are not starving yourself. Please see a nutritionist . I am definitely concerned.