I'm developing a binge eating problem

Options
2»

Replies

• MissFlawed
    MissFlawed Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I don't recognize a lot of the foods you eat - if you're a vegan, my vegan friends base their diet around legumes and seitan. If you're a vegetarian, that plus eggs. If you're an omnivore, eat more meat.

That's just the Dutch language I think :smile: . I'm vegan for one day a week, vegetarian for three days a week and on the other days I eat fish and poultry.
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I did figure out two things you eat for breakfast is quite a lot of bread plus a chocolate/nut spread like Nutella. I wouldn't find that satiating either. If you eat eggs, try eggs and veggies and beans or a high fiber bread - just one slice.

Yeah, that was the day I binged the 8000 kcal. Normally, I avoid bread like a plague. I have a partner however, who eats bread and chocolate spread for lunch at work. So bread is available again in my house and I binged on it.

I put it in the freezer yesterday evening so it won't be available as easily.
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MissFlawed wrote: »
    I have the exact same problems; I'm also 22 and 5'2'! Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a "cure" for it yet, but just know you aren't alone. I tend to do alright on weekdays when I work and have a schedule, but on the weekends I'm just a mess.

I work during the weekends, which explains why I'm a mess during the week (I'm a college student).

Sad to hear that you're having the same problem, how long has it been this way?

About 5 years :/ but over time I've somehow managed to control it a little better. I gained a lot of weight my first year of college, but I've lost it since then. I think it's because I now tend to binge on things that aren't as dense in calories?? For instance, my freshman year in college a Papa John's was steps away from my dorm.... you do the math haha. Instead of gaining these days, I tend to yo-yo up and down weekly.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The more you do that the more youre stretching out your stretching out your stomach making more room for food.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Keep a lot of healthy snacks around. Veggies and hummus or greek yogurt...then at least when you binge, you wont consume 8000+ calories. Are you getting enough fat in your diet? Sometimes when you eat all low fat, it doesn't satiate as much. Also, try playing video games. I know it's a weird suggestion, but it will keep both your mind and hands occupied.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It may be an idea to try and distract yourself when you are at home like doing jobs around the house, going for a short walk etc.