Atkins People?

Options
sio915
sio915 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone! I am on my 4th day of the Atkins Induction and am wondering if anyone else out there is on Atkins as well. I wouldn't mind having a buddy (or a few!) during this weightloss journey. Let me know and good luck on reaching yours goals! <3

Replies

• oanacristina1
    oanacristina1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi sio915, today is my first day of Atkins! I have high hopes - I know I shouldn't - but as long as I can eat bacon I'm a happy bee! How are you finding it so far?
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi both of you! I have been playing around with low carb for quite some time but decided to do Atkins Induction and currently on day 8.. I have lost 6lb so far and although i'm experiencing the usual headaches and tiredness I know from previous experience they do go so I am just rolling with it.
    Looking forward to hearing you both discover how NOT hungry you are! ;)
    Good Luckx
  • alicemandryk
    alicemandryk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've just started Atkins (on day 4 induction). Mirabelle, how long until the tiredness and headaches go?!
  • keesa
    keesa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, been on Atkins now for about 8 weeks, down 2 stone, although I know the first 9lbs of that was probably water weight! I have another 45lbs to go to a healthy bmi. I'm such a sugar junkie & emotional eater that I had to just cut out sugar to get myself together & stop eating all around me! I first did Atkins in 2003 for a few months, I definitely have more hunger this time around but maybe I'm eating too many hidden carbs so I'm trying to get back into writing everything down.

Alice, I had the headaches & weakness the first 4-5 days, the Atkins advice is to up your salt intake as your kidneys release all your salts for excretion when there's no glucose coming in- something like that anyway! Also drink loads of water so you don't dehydrate cos that can lead to headaches too.

What I'm loving this time around is finding websites full of low carb, easy recipes so I can make myself pizza & desserts this time around & vary things up a bit. I also find that there's not as much food going to waste now in my house as I only need to buy Atkins suitable items each week so I'm not filling the trolley with everything I see!

Good luck everyone, take it one meal at a time! xxx
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi all, I've just started Atkins (on day 4 induction). Mirabelle, how long until the tiredness and headaches go?!

When I first did it - I was coming from a large sugar addiction... I felt very rough starting about day 4.. and didn't start feeling brighter for nearly 3 weeks!
    However, this time around.. I had been used to lower sugar in my diet and the headaches and tiredness only lasted just over a week.

It really depends on the individual situation.. some people days.. some people weeks!
    Either way it SHOULD go.. that's what you have to remember. You CAN get through it! :)
  • briannaholt91
    briannaholt91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am on day one I have never done atkins or low carb diet before, I am trying to lose 15-20 pounds and struggle with binge eating and sugar addition so im hoping I can make it through a couple weeks on this and then maintain the weight loss in a healthy way. Would love some support or buddies so please feel free to add me!!