How much weight did you lose before you and others stated to notice ...

Options
Just out of curiosity ( and I know ever ones body is differnt ) but for those of you that had alot of weight to lose. . How many pounds in were you before people and yourself stated to notice a physical change ... I have over 100 pounds to lose and so far I'm down 19 but haven't noticed anything yet ...

Replies

• claris28
    claris28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my friend was 16st 2 she's lost 2st and people are just starting to notice now. Good luck I've only just started using my fitness pal it's a great app I just stick to 1280 calories it's working already xx
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    started at 235 at 5;2. now I am 206. I started getting comments from others last week. I on the other hand haven't noticed much. I know there is a difference cause I'm starting to fit into a size 14 in pants and a large in shirts when I used to wear a 16 and XL. But when I look at myself in the mirror lately I just feel like I'm bigger
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started at 275 and am down 28. No one has noticed yet. I take that back-my very sweet boyfriend said he noticed after the first five but I'm pretty sure he was full of it. Last go round with weight loss it was at about 40 down that I started getting comments on it regularly.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Friends began noticing after 30 pounds gone, and after 50 pounds gone, they began asking for advice to discover my "secret".
    They did not like my answers...lol
    Clean, smart eating and hard, regular exercise. The people herd hates those words.
    After 75 pounds lost, friends began drifting away to be replaced by others on the same page when it comes to health and fitness.
    After 100 pounds lost and finally crossing the weight loss finish line, I was rewarded with a transformed life on every level. That was almost 5 years ago, and it just keeps getting better.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", started at 270. My friends started to notice after 20 lbs, I started to notice at 30 lbs.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I have lost ~30 lbs so far but no one has really noticed :) But you know, I feel better and healthier and have had to buy new pants several times so I know and feel awesome about it. Good luck!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 started at 271, currently 243, so almost 30 down and people have just started noticing, and I can feel it on myself a lot more since I've been doing weights as well so I feel much more toned!
  • sherrileigh1670
    sherrileigh1670 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs so far, and other than my husband, no one has noticed. But I feel different to myself, and that is what matters!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I noticed right away because within the first couple of weeks, things like rings and whatnot were loser.

Also, lots of other people may notice but never say anything...talking about one's weight is rather taboo. I look 180* different than I used to and there are lots of people who've never mentioned it. There are a lot of people who can't take a compliment...they interpret, "Hey...you look great, have you lost some weight?" to mean, "Hey...you used to look like a big fat friggin' cow." Just do a search on this forum and you'll find lots of people who can't take a compliment.
  • river495969
    river495969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started at 230lbs friends noticed at about 200lbs, my husband finally noticed after 40lbs but my dad only spotted it a couple of weeks ago when I hit 170lbs. The strange thing is I struggle to see any difference myself even though I have had to get new clothes.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Before mfp I started at 183. People really didn't start noticing until I hit 169. Then I was stuck at that for about 6 months.
    Thats when I started mfp. Once I got to 160 I started getting a lot of comments again. I'm down to 150 and I haven't gotten any more comments.
  • nicolepapas22
    nicolepapas22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started noticing after 10 pounds and my friends did as well. My cheeks and legs became smaller right away
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm down 61 (with 140+ lbs to go). My coworker notices and I notice. No one else has said anything, but more people are asking me if I'm walking (during lunch) and people are looking at me like "hmm".
  • KellyKrepps28
    KellyKrepps28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The people I would like to hear comments from haven't said a word yet and I'm down over 29 pounds. But some noticed it at around 20 pounds
  • youstolemyusernamex
    youstolemyusernamex Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Pretty fast actually since I'm 4'11 and its pretty obvious if I gain five pounds are lose five. People started noticing when Iost around 13lbs. (Though I gained back 2lbs :|). People said they could first see it in my face, then slowly the comments starting being about my physique:).
  • saru2105
    saru2105 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to loose to achieve a normal and healthy BMI and... I am starting today! Scary! But I have decided I will do it. I hope people start to notice only when close to my goal weight, it does embarrass me for people to talk about me so the longer it takes the better. Also I find that as soon as people start to see I am loosing weight for some weird reason I feel more social pressure to eat... When I have lost weight in the past... Often people would say 'you lost so much weight already you can have a break today'... Or 'just once' ... Or 'you look great like that time to stop anyway' ... And I find so hard to resist, I am not good saying no about anything to anyone... I guess I will have to learn. Part of the journey to once you achieve your target weight to keep the weight off I suppose. Having this community will definitely help.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am currently just under 50lbs lost and everyone is finally starting to notice, at about 30 I had a few close friends notice but I work with the public and my regulars are all just now noticing, they say my face is the give away lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!