Heart rate monitor?

Options
Ok I am thinking about getting a HRM. I have never used anything like this before and I have no clue about them. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good easy to use HRM. I want to make sure I am excersing to my best ability and so I know how many calorie I actually burn. Thanks all information would be appriciated.

Replies

• FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do a "seach" here for hrm and you will get some great ideas........ Best to get one with a chest strap..... you'll be glad you did it!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and love it.. It has a chest strap and it coded so it doesn't read other HRM if I am at the gym. I've had it for a couple of years but I ordered it online at www.heartratemonitorsusa.com. Great site for information and comparing different brands.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I've got my eye on a Polar FT7 (around $100-ish)

Many of us have favorites, a search in the files will bring up hundreds of opinions and users experience as this topic is brought up nearly every day. Good luck finding one that's right for you.

Best way to decide is to figure out what features you want out of your HRM, how much you are willing to pay for one, a chest strap model is far more accurate from what I've picked up from others around here and on the net, details such as that.

Definitely price compare as I was doing that on the net the other day and they ranged greatly even on one model.

Good luck,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Polar makes a great product and has a good warranty. I started with an F4 and upgraded to an F11 a few years later, but it actually has more bells and whistles than what I need.
  • ridelikeagirl616
    ridelikeagirl616 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and absolutely LOVE it. Very easy to use, strap is much more comfortable than the Timex I had previously had actually stays put! (even while playing floor hockey and getting bumped around) It's machine washable which is a huge plus. FT7 is also one that you can change the battery yourself, which has been a Polar complaint in the past. If you have been relying on the fitness machines to tell you calories burned in the last you will likely find that the reading from your hrm tells a very different story though... I often find the treadmill reads around 400 calories burned in a 30 minute run, but my hrm says closer to 300.

Have fun :wink: