Lose weight with shakes,exercise, and supplements?! Lets do it!

Options

Replies

• vesteroid
    vesteroid Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    while I mostly agree, there are supplements and or shakes which help me. I use several recovery drinks after long and I mean many hours cardio sessions (running riding etc). Sure I could just eat food, but having that powder in a bag that all I need is water with me helps.
  • swtnan21
    swtnan21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There's so many negativity here. I got onto this app to motivate my self. And i know people have their own ways of losing weight and their own opinion.. but there's no reason to talk down on another person's way of doing things .. trying to make yours sounds like its better or smarter. Things works diffrently for different people.
    I'm out. Wish u well.
  • swtnan21
    Options
    vesteroid wrote: »
    while I mostly agree, there are supplements and or shakes which help me. I use several recovery drinks after long and I mean many hours cardio sessions (running riding etc). Sure I could just eat food, but having that powder in a bag that all I need is water with me helps.

Thank you for understanding me.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    swtnan21 wrote: »
    There's so many negativity here. I got onto this app to motivate my self. And i know people have their own ways of losing weight and their own opinion.. but there's no reason to talk down on another person's way of doing things .. trying to make yours sounds like its better or smarter. Things works diffrently for different people.
    I'm out. Wish u well.

Isn't that exactly what you did when you told me upthread that a shake would work better than my current routine if I could just find the right one?
  • swtnan21
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Lose weight with a calorie deficit. Exercise for fitness and cardiovascular health. No shakes or supplements necessary.

Some people needs it for extra boost. Like myself :smile: and theres2nothing wrong with that.

They actually don't boost anything. That's just a marketing ploy. Just like how cleanses and detoxes don't actually cleanse or detox anything.

That's because you havent found the right products that works for you. Something that works for one person may not work for another. But im totally fine with your opinion:)

Which do you sell that works?

I dont sell. I take it.
  • swtnan21
    Options
    I'm out. Wish u well.

Isn't that exactly what you did when you told me upthread that a shake would work better than my current routine if I could just find the right one?

No. Some other person was saying that shakes and supplements are marketing ploy... thats when I replied maybe she havent found the right one for her. YOU on the other hand said u lost 55 lbs withou shakes, what do i think is best for u? And i said i wouldnt know whats best for u. Only you will... im not trying to sell anything here amd i think thats where all yhe confusion is. Yiu guys are soooo against me you think im tryung to sell you somthing.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I wan to lose 10lbs.! I hope this combo works!

Yeah since proper nutrition and exercise are so stupid.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    @swtnan21 just do what works for you

what works for you may not work for them, just like what works for them may not work for you
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What works for everyone is a calorie deficit. CI<CO is immutable. How you achieve that calorie deficit varies by the individual, and some people like to rely on supplements for energy, just to feel they are doing everything possible, etc. That doesn't change the fact that when you lose weight you are in a calorie deficit. If you are not losing, you are not in a deficit.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You mean exercise is still required if you use shakes and supplements? Is a healthy diet also required?

Just like Cocoa Puffs are part of a complete breakfast.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Supplements are used to supplement your nutrition. I use supplements, but I don't think they are magic.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

I dont need science to back it up. I only believe what i see.

That explains everything........

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    There are a lot of different opinions about supplements, shakes and exercise - and medical science changes its mind all the freakin' time about this stuff. I daresay most people take some kind of supplement, even if its just Vitamin C. There are studies now coming out that say even taking vitamins might be harmful, so again, it's one of those situations where something seems right until some study comes out saying it's all wrong. I've taken more than a few supplements in my time, trying to hedge my bets, but now I just take what I consider to be absolutely necessary, given my personal diet and health situation. And yep, I've drank more than a few shakes in my time, and while I think there are some things to recommend a good unflavoured whey protein isolate, they all taste just bloody awful and real food is so much more tasty.

I'm not sure why people are attacking the OP; it seems to me that she was just attempting to hype herself up for the diet and fitness routine she had decided on.

For me, I'm waiting for the study that shows that ice cream is the best possible food that everyone should eat all day long, and once that comes out, I'm never reading another study!

What study is showing vitamins might be harmful? That sounds suspiciously like they're overdosing people on vitamins. :scream: When that ice cream study comes out, please let me know. I hope it isn't like the chocolate one.

As for the OP, honestly, if that stuff helps you fit your caloric deficit goal, then have at it. Most often you'll find that those products are overhyped, and not actually as good as promised. They're sold using enthusiasm and MLM's. In the end however, if you don't learn to eat in a way that will help you sustain your loss...well yo-yo dieting is pretty popular. :disappointed:
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use raw vegan plant base protein powder supplement because of my protein deficit as I dont eat meat and no dairy except for 1 glass milk a day. I am always not reaching my protein goal. But they also help me in eliminating sweet cravings so in a certain way (maybe only psycologically) the give me a boost as I like them and i feel like I just had a delicious treat. But my homemade shakes also range from 170 to 450 cal so have to be careful. If I just mix with water is not the same outcome.
  • chrislee1628
    Options
    you don't need to buy whey power/shakes etc, egg whites not the yolk will do the same, maybe not as much but certainly cheaper
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    wytey wrote: »
    you don't need to buy whey power/shakes etc, egg whites not the yolk will do the same, maybe not as much but certainly cheaper

Per gram of protein provided, protein powder is actually very cost effective.
  • chrislee1628
    Options
    not as enjoyable though ;) unless you like drinking whey shakes of course

normal breakfast, egg white butty with a strip or 2 of bacon for lunch and then light evening dinner
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Do whatever works for you! I use shakes to help bring my protein up because I don't eat enough in real food to get it up there. I don't use them daily but if I'm on the run a shake helps. Good luck!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

A marketing dream...