Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is heresy.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I dont have an oven right now, so my go to pizza currently is by using a naan bread topped with vintage aged cheese, onion and coriander (sometimes with chicken or whatever is available ).. I had it for breakfast though or whenever i craved for pizza ..lol

but that mainly because pizza is quite expensive here which is about 9$ (I can get 6 kg of chicken with that price) and seeing how i'm not going to finish the whole pizza, i'd rather make my own.

I really need to get an oven.
  • melissamk89
    melissamk89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always make my healthy pizzas on whole wheat Lavosh bread from Sprouts! They are so good...I spread organic pizza sauce over the flatbread and load it with veggies & crockpot chicken...shred a little skim mozz cheese on top & sprinkle with Italian seasoning & red pepper flakes...bake at 350 for 15 min. It's also really good with kale on top because it adds an extra crunch!
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For lunch today I made a quick easy flatbread pizza. I used a 90 calorie Italian flatbread, chopped up a serving of canned tomatoes (measured tomato sauce or pizza sauce would work too but I was trying to cut a few calories), I topped with 1/2 fat free mozzarella a cut up slice of deli sandwich ham, about a tablespoon on onions, a tablespoon bell pepper, and a couple slices of mushrooms I diced. It was amazing, large and only 230 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Pizza is one of my food hills to die on. I won't take any substitutes for it. Fridays are religiously pizza night. All hail Pizza. I sacrifice my calories banked to you, oh Lord.

Making my own dough takes approximately 20 minutes of effort every two weeks (I freeze it).
    BTW, I believe adding a ton of meat toppings and equivalent cheese to a pizza is an American anomaly. If you've ever had real Italian pizza (in Italy) there really aren't a lot of toppings or much cheese either. Whoever came up with stuffing cheese in the pizza crust on top of everything else is part of the obesity machine.

Basically. The first time I saw a real Italian pizza, I was like "WTF, where are the toppings?!". Now I make my pizzas like that and love them that way. A pizza doesn't have to be dripping in grease to be good.

If you're saying authentic pizza is "healthy" you're going to break the forums

Nothing unhealthy about it...
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Pizza is one of my food hills to die on. I won't take any substitutes for it. Fridays are religiously pizza night. All hail Pizza. I sacrifice my calories banked to you, oh Lord.

Making my own dough takes approximately 20 minutes of effort every two weeks (I freeze it).
    BTW, I believe adding a ton of meat toppings and equivalent cheese to a pizza is an American anomaly. If you've ever had real Italian pizza (in Italy) there really aren't a lot of toppings or much cheese either. Whoever came up with stuffing cheese in the pizza crust on top of everything else is part of the obesity machine.

Basically. The first time I saw a real Italian pizza, I was like "WTF, where are the toppings?!". Now I make my pizzas like that and love them that way. A pizza doesn't have to be dripping in grease to be good.

Exactly, my Italian Granny taught me to make pizza and we never had it loaded with stuff. Also real Italians do not use pizza sauce it is either tomatoes or a thin coating of tomato sauce. So good
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use Joseph's 60 cal pita bread for crust. Then I replace maranera sauce with diced tomatoes. Add chopped peppers, onions, mushrooms, and some feta. Back u Tim you've reached the desired tenderness of the veggies. I love it. Make if these tonight actually.
  • jparks412
    jparks412 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Heat oven to 350. Place 1 pita (I use aladdins 120 cal pita) in a baking pan. 1 tablespoon of olive oil spread on pita with chopped garlic basil Italian seasoning pepper and 1/4 low fat mozzarella on top with any vegetables (I used sliced tomatoes) on top. Cook until cheese is melted and you can swap olive oil out for tomato pizza sauce
  • bgfalcon96
    bgfalcon96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love using a Flat Out Light Italian "tortilla", between 4-6 T of your face pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, whatever veggies and 2% mozz. Bake at 400 for 14 minutes. Delicious!