HELP!! I have to much on my plate to handle!

Options
Hello~ I'm new to the website and looking for help.... For the last couple of months my life has been on a roller coaster ride, and I want to get OFF..... I have been obese most of my life... But in 2005 I changed all that and lost 150lbs.. with diet and exercise...and it took around 3years... Last year I decided to have a baby, and through out the pregnancy the weigh just came pouring on...after 9 months and 81 lbs LATER I had a beautiful girl named Madilyn. After 2 months of maternity leave I went back to work, the next night my husband of 8 year of marriage and 2 kids asked for a divorce... Then two weeks later I ended up in ICU in the cardiac ward. Come to find out I was diagnosed with P.O.T.S, basically its a heart condition that comes on during or after pregnancy. And basically it means my heart beats different and jumps around a lot, and someday I might need a pace maker and I'm only 29!!!!!. I was a very active person before Madilyn.. I jogged/Ran almost every day... I also competed in running races and last May (2009) I did my first half marathon.... So basically LONG story short. I'm trying to pull my life back together and get out of this funk I'm feeling... It's hard dealing with my marriage ending and I have a 2 1/2 month old and an 8 year old to try to be happy around... and on top of all that I have a poor body imagine of myself and I feel I have had it most of my life(how can I or will I ever get over?)... So my question to all you out there.. can anyone.. please help me try to find the motivation to care about losing the last of my pregnancy weight.... Which I have about 61lbs to go... Any support or advice would help... Thank you for taking the time to read my story...

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    This site will give you all the motivation and support you need!! Everyone on here is going through the same sort of struggle and is ready to take charge of their life. Log in every day, if possible, track your food, track your workouts, make friends, and you will have all the support and motivation you need! Reading the message boards gives me motivation and helps me answer any questions I may have..or even just to vent. We are all hear to listen and help! :smile: Good luck and congrats on the baby :flowerforyou:
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    While I haven't experienced anything near as difficult as you have, I empathize with your wanting to get your life back on track. The thing that has helped me the most is acting like I am my "old", healthy self. It helps to be the change you want to see in yourself before the actual weight loss and fitness advances occur. Remember that you can get healthy for your kids, your family, etc but the most important person to get healthy for is YOU! Keep strong and remember you always have this site to turn to! Feel free to friend me if you like! :flowerforyou:

xoxo
    Maggie
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! You just made a step in the right decision! I have been on here since feb and Im on for most days throughout the day. So You can draw a ton of motivation from here and the awesome people within these four walls!(unless your computer is a giant circle) But, YOU CAN HANDLE THIS!! The fast food binges and countless doughnuts stop right here, right now! I know it was one of the things I had to stop doing. And with the sodas, don't let me get started!! Stop drinkin em! Sounds like Im lecturing but I am only trying to help. Friends on here are only a couple clicks away!

Bienvinidos!
    -Roy
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am sorry you have had such a rough time lately but with your positive attitude I know you will be successful in reaching your goals. Congratulations on the new baby, what fun. As everyone else said, log in daily, join some challenges and you will reach your goals before you know it.
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    You can do this. Friend people on here, read the message boards, and log on every day. That's what gets me back on track...even when I'm off track, coming back to this site and reading message boards or comments from MFP friends help.
    Yes, you can do this.
    Blessings...:flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm very sorry for everything you are going through right now. The only thing I can say is to use your children as motivation to get and stay healthy. They need you. This is a wonderful site full of support and ideas, it's also a good place to just vent. If there is anything I can do to help you keep on track or stay motivated, don't hesitate to let me know. Best of luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Man what rough luck :(. You can totally get your life moving in the positive direction, you had the willpower and motivation before to do it and you can do it again! Good luck!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a lot to handle. So sorry, glad you are here. Great job on the weight loss so far!
  • jenibookworm
    Options
    Wow. That is alot to handle at once. Although I haven't gone through anything like that i can sympathize with the poor body image. i have only been on this site for less than a week but already i have found motivation and advice in spades. as others have said log on everyday and join some challenges to keep you motivated.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
    Best of luck to you.

Jen
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sher, you have taken the right first step! And there will be many more first steps but having the courage to get on MFP and take charge of your health is the perfect place to start! I've been through a horrible divorce and the health issues (not all at one time, though) so I can sympathize with what you are going through. Just remember that it is OKAY to take care of YOU because no one else will do it for you. Inject as much positive things in your life as you can, body, mind and spirit!! Please friend me, if you would like! We can motivate each other!
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello~ I'm new to the website and looking for help.... For the last couple of months my life has been on a roller coaster ride, and I want to get OFF..... I have been obese most of my life... But in 2005 I changed all that and lost 150lbs.. with diet and exercise...and it took around 3years... Last year I decided to have a baby, and through out the pregnancy the weigh just came pouring on...after 9 months and 81 lbs LATER I had a beautiful girl named Madilyn. After 2 months of maternity leave I went back to work, the next night my husband of 8 year of marriage and 2 kids asked for a divorce... Then two weeks later I ended up in ICU in the cardiac ward. Come to find out I was diagnosed with P.O.T.S, basically its a heart condition that comes on during or after pregnancy. And basically it means my heart beats different and jumps around a lot, and someday I might need a pace maker and I'm only 29!!!!!. I was a very active person before Madilyn.. I jogged/Ran almost every day... I also competed in running races and last May (2009) I did my first half marathon.... So basically LONG story short. I'm trying to pull my life back together and get out of this funk I'm feeling... It's hard dealing with my marriage ending and I have a 2 1/2 month old and an 8 year old to try to be happy around... and on top of all that I have a poor body imagine of myself and I feel I have had it most of my life(how can I or will I ever get over?)... So my question to all you out there.. can anyone.. please help me try to find the motivation to care about losing the last of my pregnancy weight.... Which I have about 61lbs to go... Any support or advice would help... Thank you for taking the time to read my story...
    You are a great place to start and finish. Make friends on here that you can encourage and will encourage you. You do have so much going on in your life and when you look at it all it is overwhelming. So my advice is focus on one part that you can change some things you have no control over. Tell yourself "this too will pass" because everything does.
    Do you have a support group of people: parents, siblings, friends? use them. Let them give you breaks from you kids if they can.
    Log your food and exercise every day. You will lose weight if you follow the guidelines on here. Do not compare yourself to how others are doing. I am one who loses sooooo slow, but I am losing and that is the bottom line.
    Good luck, and if you want you can include me as a friend.
    God bless,
    linda
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The P.O.T.S. I don't think you can do much about other than following your doctors advice...however EVERYTHING else you can. Talk to your doctor about activities you can do...you may not be able to jog or run like before but I'm sure there are things you can do. Women are strong and powerful (sorry guys, don't mean that to sound like a put down). You lost 150 lbs before and WILL again. This site will help you lose it and keep it off. It has to be a lifestyle change...not a diet. As far as the divorce goes, that usually really hits us hard so give yourself a little time to adjust then start looking for the positive things in your life with your husband gone...there will be plenty! There is a quote (not sure who said it) "A life well lived is the best revenge". My first husband told me he wanted a divorce while I was in my 9th month with our 2nd child and informed me he had been having numerous affairs the entire time we had been married (7 years) AND had another child with another woman. It was hard, I won't lie. I thought about doing all kinds of stupid things...then I moved on. I remarried a wonderful man and 31 years later we are still unbelievably happy. My ex on the other hand has gone from one woman to the next and is basically a miserable human being for the most part. And I do have problems, my husband of 31 years has early Alzheimer's, my brother is dying from cancer, my newest grandson is having seizures that we aren't sure yet what is causing and last weekend my baby girl (33) very nearly killed herself (was in ICU for 3 days). And, I'm not saying all this to make your problems look small...just saying that I think almost everyone out there has problems and often it helps to look around and realize that maybe ours aren't so bad. So be sure to look around you for those that have life worse than you...again there will be plenty. When I am feeling down it takes about 5 minutes of going around the news or even my own community to find any number of people that make my problems look nearly non existent! With all this said, I am truly sorry you are having this go on. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope things turn out great for you. You are young and sound like a fighter so I am confident they will.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome!! So sorry you're going through all that crap... but this site WILL keep you motivated!! Glad you found it!! Feel free to friend me, and good luck!!
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. It's rough on you right now but taking even an hour out a day and going for a walk or working out somewhere will put a smile on your face. You will feel so much better when you start putting you up there as an important part of life. It took me 10 years to put myself towards the top. Just think of how good you'll feel running in the park after your 8 year old and not have to stop and take a break. Think of your daughters first day of school and being the "hot" single mom. Walk daily with your head up even when the world feels like it is on your shoulders pushing you down. Your kids will be better off for it. I know, my daughter can see a change in my attitude already and I've only been here a week or so. I no longer feel as if I'm not worth it. I am DAMIT and so are you. SO get up-Get out-Get going- all for yourself cause you deserve it.