My Fitness Pal on Kindle Fire

Options
clelia551
clelia551 Posts: 1 Member
I love this program and use it a lot. However, 2 days ago it quit working on my Fire and says the program needs to be updated by the manufacturer. I can still use it on my computer with Window 10 but sure isn't as convenient. Anyone else experience this and do we know when it will be updated for the Fires

Replies

• beckyandcharlie
    beckyandcharlie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I sent MFP an email asking about it and this was their response:

If you initially downloaded the app from the Amazon market, please note, sadly we have discontinued updating the app on the Amazon platform, and have slated for the app to be removed from this platform (though you may still see it available until Amazon removes it on their end).

If you have initially downloaded the app from Amazon, we recommend when reinstalling the app to do so from the Google Play market. If you do not have access to Google Play, you may be able to reinstall the app from Amazon until it is fully pulled from the market (this may happen at anytime).

• beckyandcharlie
    beckyandcharlie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think that I found a solution. I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL SCREW YOUR KINDLE UP! (It didn't screw mine up.) DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    You’ll need to allow installation of third-party apps on the Kindle Fire. This is simple and only requires a setting options.

Go to setting on your Kindle Fire
    choose “Device” option
    Choose “On” option for “Allow Installation of Applications” from unknown sources.

Install ES File Explorer on your Kindle Fire. There are other file manager that you can choose but the ES File Explorer interface is simple and the app is free. The app can be downloaded from the Amazon Appstore (ES File Explorer) for the Kindle Fire.

Download the myfitnesspal apk. I got it from here: http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/18593/

Download the GoogleLoginService.apk file. I got it from here: http://www.appsapk.com/google-services/

Install both the files you just downloaded using ES File Explorer. (Go to the library in ES File explorer, click on APP, click on the user apps drop down bar, then click on all apks and you should see the files you downloaded.)

Reboot your Kindle Fire.

Click on the MFP app.

It was driving me crazy using my browser to access MFP, so I searched (and searched) for some way to get the app back on my Kindle without rooting. This finally worked. Best of all, it is the UPDATED version of MFP!!

I hope this helps!

• kpketul002
    kpketul002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS program I EVER USE in kindle on amzon ...its best device,I love this program and use it a lot..i m also using google android app this is very good.downloaded the app from Amazon latest government jobs and also download from google play store....
  • muralimudeblog
    muralimudeblog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, can only use the web based version,
  • utham1
    utham1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good question.
    you can get apks of all latest apps only at : https://apktuts.com/
  • desirukez
    desirukez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is really too useful and has more ideas than yours. keep sharing many techniques. eagerly waiting for your new blog and useful information. Molkki