Tips to stop over eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Honestly I had to Google "signs of hunger" and "signs of being full" to recognize it. Now that I focus on those signs, I'm getting better. Ive only binge-ate once in 32 days since reading that.
  • cheer4beer
    cheer4beer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To prepare for an upcoming trip to Asia, I started using chop sticks. Took me forever to finish my meals. Usually by the time I realized I wasn't hungry anymore, I would still have quite a bit of food left. You'll get better using them but overall, it will slow down your "rate of intake" vs a fork. At least that has been my experience.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Prelog. Make meals that are satisfying so you don't feel the need to snack on junk later. Focus on protein, fat, and fiber.

In the end though... there's no miracle solution, you just have to want it enough.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did something drastic. I forgot what it felt like to be hungry, because the last few years I just ate and ate, and never allowed myself to feel hunger. So one day before I started this, I didn't eat for a whole day, and only drank water so I can truly feel the hunger pings. So now I know what those true hunger pains are and will eat only when I feel that way. Or I jot down my feelings when I eat something like was I really hungry, did I eat out of being bored etc. It helped me.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I can be an endless pit and not only rarely feel full, I crave things. I still have a day a week sometimes I overdo it a bit but a few weeks ago, I just told myself no more snacking.

I have two young kids and for the holidays there is always candy around. They can only have a piece two nights out of the week so it sits around forever! You do not think much of eating a few mini chocolate Easter eggs until you add it with little bits throughout the day. For some reason just telling myself that worked this time. Like a said I still have a day I may overdue it but it is not as bad as it was. I also prelog breakfast, lunch, and dinner so I know what kind of snacks I can have.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Prelog your food to determine what your portions should look like, and then eat that... If you still have problems, then hit a dollarama, pick up some cheap tupperware and prelog AND prepare all of your meals for the day in advance, eat whatever you have planned and when your daily containers are empty, stop.