Favorite Fitness App?

Options
So, I want to find a fun fitness app for my Windows phone. It can be strength, cardio, something random.....

What's your favorite and why do you like it so much?

Replies

• Metalmonkey007
    Options
    I am new to it, but I really like the app called RunKeeper, it syncs up with MFP so it automatically adds the exercise into your diary, which is quite cool. I've use Nike+ Running in the past, but with this app it has running, walking, swimming, cycling, much more to offer than just running. It records personal records such as time, pace, and distance, and it has a friend system so you are able to compete with others, which may add to your motivation depending on what kind of person you are.

I also run couch to 5k alongside this, so I can follow along with the program, while having this running in the background, so I can still check my pace, distance, and calories burned.

If you wanna add something to your running, there's also an app called Zombies, Run! (there are others similar to it) my friend uses it and it seems like quite a cool app.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am new to it, but I really like the app called RunKeeper, it syncs up with MFP so it automatically adds the exercise into your diary, which is quite cool. I've use Nike+ Running in the past, but with this app it has running, walking, swimming, cycling, much more to offer than just running. It records personal records such as time, pace, and distance, and it has a friend system so you are able to compete with others, which may add to your motivation depending on what kind of person you are.

I also run couch to 5k alongside this, so I can follow along with the program, while having this running in the background, so I can still check my pace, distance, and calories burned.

If you wanna add something to your running, there's also an app called Zombies, Run! (there are others similar to it) my friend uses it and it seems like quite a cool app.

Wow, thank you so much! I walk a lot so I will definitely check out RunKeeper. :smile:
  • Bouneschlupp
    Bouneschlupp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered runtastic, which I like because of its GPS tracking. Before I followed the "get running" c25k program. To get toned I would recommend some '7' app (bodyweight exercises)
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I really like "map my fitness"
  • losher8
    losher8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Wow, thank you so much! I walk a lot so I will definitely check out RunKeeper. :smile:

Oh RunKeeper is definitely the best - I love it!! You can set yourself a training program so the app will instruct you at what speed to run every 1, 2, or 3 minutes (whatever you decide). Such a great feature for HIIT!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I really like "map my fitness"

This sounds interesting! Thanks!
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll also jump on the Runkeeper bandwagon!
    I also like "Ab Workout" (I have the free version) that offers 5-10 minute ab workouts. It shows you what you should be doing, and tells you when to switch exercises.
  • fitlindzz
    fitlindzz Posts: 3
    Options
    ZOMBIES, RUN. It is the greatest thing. A bit like run keeper, it tracks everything and has its own website so you can keep things organized, but there's an entire storyline that you're running to and it's the greatest app I've ever purchased
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike Fitness Club app to do my circuit training on my easy insanity days. It has a ton of options for different fitness levels, and you achieve awards for how many minutes you do. Plus you can play your own music in the background at the same time and it has videos of the moves that you can watch if you don't know how to do it.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo Tracker for cycling.

I have two apps on my tablet -- JEFIT Pro for managing weight lifting work, and You Are Your Own Gym. The latter is great for weight lifting work using your body weight and you don't have a gym available.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club! Free, and full of an awesome variety of workouts from 15-45 minutes long. Some use dumbbells, some just body weight. Good stuff - I use it three days a week & have been for almost 2 years now - still not bored with it. :smile:

For running I use Nike+.
    For walking (and a running backup), Runkeeper
    For running intervals, Zombies, Run! because nothing gets me running faster than a zombie proximity warning, followed by the sound of them breathing down my neck! :bigsmile:
    And of course, MFP to log all the exercise and foods.