Help !

Options
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me ! I weighed in this morning and lost nothing !!!! After a week of being on track with food and exercise im more than a little annoyed the scale refelcted none of my hard work.

I have made my diary public if anyone is ever so kind with any advice.

Thanks

Replies

• JamesnDavis
    JamesnDavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kimmie...dont fret, youve just hit a plateau... I have also had two straight weeks with o lbs lost yet my clothes are becoming more and more looser and my belt has had more holes punched into it....try changing up your workouts by added some different Cardio work, if you been doing a treadmill switch to an eliptical or Arc Trainer, I find that you can burn more calories in 20 minutes on an Arc trainer than you can in 30 minutes on a treadmill...So I do 20 on one and 10-20 on another....Add a nice leasurely walk in there at least 2-3 times a week...I am sure that if you do this your scale will start back up with the numbers dropping...Wishing you the best on your weight regiment...Jim Davis
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Depending on how close you are to your goal and where you are in your cycle as well as if you have changed your workouts any combination may explain this. The closer to your goal the harder your body fights to keep that fat cushion. Your cycle may have you retaining water. If your workouts have changed or become more intense your muscles may be holding water. Give your body some time and check again in two weeks. You should be able to rule out water retention by then.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's only been one week, be patient!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest eating back some of your exercise calories so you're closer to your daily goal. The deficit for weight loss is built into your calorie goal. Exercise calories being burned can widen the deficit too much.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough. chances are you asked mfp to give you a calorie goal that would have you lose 2 pounds/week, correct?

make sure you eat at least 1200 calories, and eat back calories you burn from exercise. you'll start to see results with time. good job on the water intake, and your food choices look good! you just need to eat more :)
  • JamesnDavis
    JamesnDavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After looking at your dailey log I think you may be drinking TO MUCH water...I also have to say that everyone that has logged in has had some great advice to take in....rememeber also that as you lose fat and replace it with muscle, MUSCLE weighs more than fat...do a full body measurement of arms, chest ,waist and thighs so you can see the changes in these areas also...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little for the amount of calories you burn - but before you even go there - it has been ONE WEEK...... it is not a plateau - give it time and eat more....
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    your sodium seems high to me.....
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You're eating really well, making good choices with an overall nice balance of macronutrients. As others have done, I counsel patience. Sometimes it takes a bit for things to get started. One question is whether you exercised anything close to this level before you began dieting? New heavy-duty exercise tends to make the muscles retain water...there are all sorts of explanations of the science behind that online. It's not a problem, it goes away over a couple of weeks, and stops masking the great work you've been doing.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Def try and hit 1200 net calories (so eat back exercise cals)
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    After looking at your dailey log I think you may be drinking TO MUCH water...I also have to say that everyone that has logged in has had some great advice to take in....rememeber also that as you lose fat and replace it with muscle, MUSCLE weighs more than fat...do a full body measurement of arms, chest ,waist and thighs so you can see the changes in these areas also...

TO MUCH water for sure................
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Try eating around 1600 calories. You are too close to goal weight at only 8kgs to lose to be eating so little. It's unhealthy and you'll get stuck on a plateau.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    too much water would only be correct if there was too much salt. salt in the body tells the body to dilute it by retaining the water so it can be flushed out. watch your salt intake.

I didn't read your diary... even if your calories are right and you're exercising, WHAT you are eating has an effect on retention.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You need to give things a month before you can see results but with someone who has little to lose, you should be eating more. The most you can ask for is 1 lb per week and you should eat 50% of you exercise calories. Essentially it will put you around 1600 to 1800 calories which is about the norm.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It's only been one week, be patient!

Yes. You're only SUPPOSED to a lose a pound a week and at least for me, I can go up or down a pound in an hour or two. Measurement error.

Log meticulously a moth. Stick to your goals. It will come off.