2 x 45 mins spinning classes a day and eating just under 1500 calories - no weight loss!

Options
2»

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? I see stuff like "1 medium apple". Ok, but medium is arbitrary. Better to way the apple for best accuracy.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Weightloss is 80% diet
    20% exercise

You won't lose weight unless your burning more than you consume
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    The last day I see logged in the diary is for Thursday and it was only logged under breakfast. Went over on Calories, Sugar, Carbs and way over on Fat as well. I would suggest mixing it up more. It looks like almost everything in the diary for Thursday is processed. Try more lean meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, etc.

Also make sure you are weighing your food. Add weights to your routine as well.

Are you doing spin classes or just using the spin bike on your own? If so try a class.

@Bubba1922 I wonder if you are eating these really large meals because you are inadvertently choosing foods that do not satiate you, so keep eating because you don't feel full. See http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    From your diary the past two weeks you've gone over calories this last week several times, and also some day's you're not logging at all. I too wondered at the large meals if it was just easier to log that way, or if that is all you're eating? Or are you not logging everything some days, even the ones where you do log? On Tuesday you went from 1250 to 1200, was that an automatic MFP adjustment from loss or something you did manually?

Tighten up your logging, and take a good look at your meals. Find ways to lower calories or better appropriate them with your meals - Smaller potatoes/less butter, 1 snack instead of 2, 2 good pieces of chocolate instead of 4. And believe me, I'm not saying that you should give up all your snacks, most people won't make it that way, but you have to remember that what you were eating was what got you were you're at, so it's time to reevaluate what you're eating, and how much. Be honest with your logging, put in the effort for the results you want, otherwise it's not worth a tinkers darn.