Need help!!

Options
nichie456
nichie456 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi! My aunt is in her 40’s and she lives in Scarborough. She has developed type 1 diabetes. She had recently consulted her dentist and he asked her to extract 3 teeth on each side of her lower jaw. She is very much worried about the teeth extraction because of her diabetes. She is planning to get dental implants after extraction rather than partial dentures. I have heard teeth extractions will be difficult for diabetes patient. The thought of partial denture is very much depressing her, so I would like to know if anyone here had teeth extractions, dental implants or dentures as a diabetes patient. How does it worked out for you? I’m very much anxious about this because I don’t want my aunt to get hurt.

Replies

• lukkiecharm
    lukkiecharm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for myself, but my mother has had all three. teeth extractions, denture, then implants. And she has been doing insulin shots for years. She had no problems with the surgeries of extractions. As far as I am aware, your aunt won't have any problems. I would definitely suggest regular visits in the future to avoid more problems.