ladies on contracepive pill and not taking your pill break.....

Options
Hey all :-)

I know that we tend to get water retention throughout our monthly cycle which is then lost. My question is, if for some reason you have to skip a pill break and go straight onto the next months pills, do you tend to get extra water retention or does it stay at about the same level as throughout 1 cycle?

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I find I still tend to get water retention which builds at the end of one pack and lessens a few pills into the next. I have no idea why!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i dont take bc and never have but i retain sooo much water around my period.
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I skip for six months at a time with the help of OCs. I do find that I have a little water retention towards the end, but, like yesimpson said, it drops off after three or four pills into the next pack.

When I'm on my "period" (re: withdrawl bleed), I literally gain a good 6-8 lbs of water weight. I legitimately look 4 months pregnant, which is ironic, considering. :joy:
  • sandrabryvik
    sandrabryvik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me it is the same as when I don't skip the period. Still water retention. But when I have my period I always lose weight on the 4th day on not taking pills. That doesn't happen when I skip. (Not got a clue why that happens at all, haven't even started bleeding by then!)
  • jennnfdsjk13
    jennnfdsjk13 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm a month into taking Junel (after getting off Mirena), and I'm not supposed to get a period but I am RAVENOUS, my boobs hurt and I'm also super bloated. According to the cycle I had before I switched BC, I'm supposed to get my period today...it'll be interesting to see if this is just a weird pseudo-cycle with my hormones balancing out, or if my body will actually give me a period!

I digress - you're not alone. I feel like a crazy person for gaining weight around my ToM!