In need if motivation.

Options
HeartOfAFighter
HeartOfAFighter Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello all. My name is Brandy.

I am 28 years old and for the most part I am a very active person. I love to go for long walks, hiking is a favorite and I'm usually up for anything that'll get me outdoors.

The past week I just haven't been my active self, the pain has been a lot worse and I am feeling sluggish. I am dealing with a back injury and Fibromyalgia which causes me to be in a lot of pain basically 24/7. With anything that I do I am constantly having to evaluate the situation. (How am I going to do this without hurting my back too much). It can get to be quite frustrating. But, I do what I need to in order to have a good quality of life. I admit I sometimes push myself a little too far and pay for it later with pretty bad pain. I am happy mentally, but Physically I'm hurting.

On top of that I have hypothyroidism which I have had since the 5th grade so I am exhausted no matter how much rest I get. Weight loss is steady, but slow. Those crystal light B vitamin drinks do help give me the boost I need to get to going for the most part.

I am looking for understanding people that are willing to help motivate me to keep pushing forward. I also appreciate any exercise, pain relief, or meal tips. If you've gotten this far I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. I look forward to getting to know you if you're interested in becoming a friend. Here's to sharing our journey to a healthier life.
:)

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I can relate to back pain. I have arthritis, and I all but gave up. I used to be very active, up until three years after being discharged from service. I tried the chiropractor and physical therapy. I finally had to start taking medication. I still have to be careful, but I'm more active then I have been in a long time. My back feels better most days. I guess the best advice I can give, is don't give up. You can have good workouts, without stressing your back. I avoid doing barbell squats, dead lifts, bent rows, etc. Feel free to send me a messege, and I can share what I do.
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Pain is a funny thing, and we all have different types of it, and we are also not always certain what causes it. @ years ago, I was looking for something different, weighing 240 @ 5' 10", I was not happy, so I started cutting down on carbs and trying to eat right. I had read that oils would curb your hunger, so I started taking a tablespoon of MCT oil, and FLAXSEED oil as well as drinking my coffee with Coconut oil and butter. I have lost 50 lbs, still want to lose about 25. But what I am getting at is the pain is basically gone. Yes I still have stiffness pain if I exercise to much, but other than that, nothing. I don't know if it is the oil or the losing weight, but something happened for me. Feel free to add me if you like