Leftover Veggies = Veggie Stuffed Eggs

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
edited April 2016 in Recipes
I seem to always have some leftover veggies. Like lentils, black beans, red kidney beans, frozen mixed medley, etc that I usually just throw into my salads. But today I decided to make some veggie stuffed eggs. I hard boiled 3 large eggs. Then I just threw the leftover veggies into a mixer, added a scant 1/2 teaspoon of low fat mayo, 1/2 of an egg yolk from the hard boiled eggs, and seasoning. (I used garlic powder and black pepper). Then stuffed the hard boiled whites.

To my surprise, they were quite good. (I wasn't expecting them to as I was just playing around). And only 22 calories each. I imagine you could play around with the seasonings and create some interesting flavors. Or even the type of veggies, although I can't imagine using broccoli or cauliflower. I think the beans and pulses would work best. Hmmm... refried bean stuffed eggs?

Anyway, no more leftover veggies and now I have a great go-to munchie in between meals. Oh, and it really adds fiber to the diet too.

Replies

• gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    LOVE that idea!!! I have done that with veggies but I added egg to the mix and made pancakes!
  • mekame38
    mekame38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you fry the egg roll, or did uoi bake the, egg roll?