How much do [i]you[/i] lose overnight?

Options
I knew that the time of day I weighed myself made a difference, along with water consumption, etc. but I only recently realized that my weight actually drops an average of 5-8 pounds every night, and then I gain it back during the day, every day.

I assume I'm not a freak of nature, and this happens to other people, too. I wish I'd known it earlier. ("And that's why I'm bothering telling you so.")

How much does your weight fluctuate during the day?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have literally never wanted to or tried to weigh myself at the end of the day. I don't want to know. I bet I'm about 7lbs heavier though.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Got me. I make it a point to only weigh once a day, first thing in the morning. All other numbers are not relevant.
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in weekly and make adjustments as needed. :(
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself enough to know... I would assume that after every meal/bm my weight would change a fair bit.
    There have been some eating challenges on youtube where I have seen weight fluctuate as much as 16lbs before and after the challenge.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 4-7lb typically. Depends what I've eaten/drank, how often and how much.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    2-4 lbs from am weigh in and evening weigh in.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    5-12 pounds, depending of time of day and food/drinks intake.
    Now, I only weigh myself once a day, always at the same time, same body scale located in the same place
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds for me. I rarely weigh myself at night but when I have, that's what I've found.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Not sure I want to see that, lol. I'll stick to my AM weigh ins!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't consistently lose weight every night. My weight bounces all over the place. Sometimes it's less in the evening.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I eat light. I go to sleep. I wake up lighter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once per day...in the morning. If you're weighing yourself in the evening, you are weighing everything you've ingested during the day...so it would be logical that everything is digested and then you released to ensuing waste in the morning that you could be substantially lighter.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to weigh twice a day but I wont do it. I have a graphing or logging scale so its once a day for me. Pick any day in the last two 1/2 years and I can tell you my weight on that day. It is also plotted on a graph too. Funny how you can pick out the vacations.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know because I only weigh myself once a week in the morning.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    usually 2 to 4 pounds.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't consistently lose weight every night. My weight bounces all over the place. Sometimes it's less in the evening.

Me too! I hit my lowest point this week during the evening actually, and I wasn't dehydrated, because I drink a ton of water throughout the day.

I'm starting to think my scale is just horrible.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Inconsequential! I weigh once a week, or weighing starts to control your thinking.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have literally never wanted to or tried to weigh myself at the end of the day. I don't want to know. I bet I'm about 7lbs heavier though.

Same here.

If I have a doctor's appt. late in the afternoon I will literally not drink or eat anything.

If I weigh in before I hop in the show... I ain't gettin' weighed in.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    jeffd247 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Same here.

If I have a doctor's appt. late in the afternoon I will literally not drink or eat anything.

If I weigh in before I hop in the show... I ain't gettin' weighed in.

You don't have to look at the doctors office ha.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    ~2-3 lbs... Usually dinner.