Question

Options
So I have been gone awhile and I am back....So I put in my weight and sad to say gained a few pounds. So I gained and my calories intake went way down....Why?? I know it goes down if you loose but it went down when I went up 15 pounds. It is the same as my friend who weights 100 pounds less.

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    They may have theirs set to lose .5lb a week and yours might be set to lose 2lbs a week...that will effect your calorie allotment. Just a guess:)
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Your calorie allowance also depends on your height, age and activity level, maybe you have set a different activity level from last time?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The calories your body needs to burn to survive is a little different for everyone. And the more you weigh, the more calories you need.

If you've gained weight, you've simply consumed more calories than you burned. Being away and not logging, could be why. If you're not holding yourself accountable, even if just to yourself, it's very very easy to underestimate how much you're actually eating.

What did it say your calorie intake should be? Without knowing your stats, kinda hard to judge it, but as tiffanifair said, if you enter your weight loss goal and it's different than what it was, your calorie amount will be different as well.