Does anyone eat the same breakfast and lunch?

Options
I find it hard staying on track if I don't have anything healthy premade i for some reason eat bad. It's easier to put something in the microwave like pizza then to cook a healthy meal. I was thinking if I ate the same breakfast and lunch I can maybe precook a bit of food every few day. Are there any members who eat the same breakfast and lunch for this reason they find it easier to stay on track.

Thanks

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I make and prepare all my breakfasts and lunches for the work week. So Monday through Friday I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. It doesn't bother me at all and it's so convenient. It also keeps me from going out and spending money at lunch. I cook different dinners every night.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I make and prepare all my breakfasts and lunches for the work week. So Monday through Friday I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. It doesn't bother me at all and it's so convenient. It also keeps me from going out and spending money at lunch. I cook different dinners every night.

Pretty much this.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast, but my lunch is usually the same as last night's dinner (leftovers).

You could make big meals for dinner and then freeze a couple of servings. That way when you didn't have anything prepared you could pop one of those meals in the microwave instead of something store bought.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I quite often use various cereals that I premeasured and added the sweetener to for Breakfast. The Ones I use are 110 to 120 calories per serving, then I use UHT Milk from the Dollar Store that is 50 calories for a 4 ounce serving which is enough. Examples would be Rice Crispies, MultiGrain Cheerios, The Kelloggs All Bran is 90 calories per serving so I increase the serving size to be 110 to 120 calories. Then I eat a Banana every morning, I eat 2/3 of it before walking and then on my return I slice the rest into the cereal and I may usually have a Protein shake at 110 to 120 calories or a Quaker low sugar oatmeal at 120 calories per serving to round out the Breakfast. Being that I like convenience I have found that some of the Jimmy Dean Delights are 250 calories such as some with English muffins or Flatbread w/Egg, meat and cheese, Alternatives would be some of the Lean Cuisine or smart ones entrees that are 200 calories per container. Add in Vegetables, Fruit and a Light & Fit Greek Yogurt as Carbs & Proteins and You have a filling lunch.

I should add that I am eating in the 1700 to 2000 calorie range per day, possibly a little more now that I am working at maintaining for a couple of months before a final push to knock of the last 10 - 15 pounds. FWIW I have lost 220 pounds as of this morning on the 1700 calorie per day plan I use.

So short answer I do try to avoid having the same meal twice in one day to avoid burnout.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually a four egg white omelette with veg...usually spinach and either oatmeal with peanut butter or whole grain toast with peanut butter. My lunches are typically leftovers from the night before...my wife and I pretty much always make meals that serve four for the two of us. I usually prep my grains and whatnot on Sunday to take for my lunches as my wife and I are currently grainless/starchless for our evening meals to help cut back on calories.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I <3 brunch
  • canadacatman
    canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Would you also mind sharing what you have for breakfast and lunch for those who have the same thing daily. Thanks
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast almost every day: two hard boiled eggs, one slice whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I find it hard staying on track if I don't have anything healthy premade i for some reason eat bad. It's easier to put something in the microwave like pizza then to cook a healthy meal. I was thinking if I ate the same breakfast and lunch I can maybe precook a bit of food every few day. Are there any members who eat the same breakfast and lunch for this reason they find it easier to stay on track.

Thanks

Limiting yourself to a very small selection of "healthy" foods will not bode well for maintenance. By the time you reach goal, you will never want to see any of these foods again. Try to keep your menu varied.

What's so hard about breakfast?

Greek yogurt, Fiber One cereal and nuts (parfait style).

Bake a batch of eggs (eggs, onions, peppers). Cut these into squares and freeze. Add cheese and a tortilla. Nuke and you have a breakfast burrito. Do it yourself egg McMuffins.....same concept

Make a big batch of oatmeal on the weekend. For the week, scoop, reheat & go (crock pots are great for this).

• coalz
    Options
    Depends on how many eggs my chickens lay that day but when I indulge in brunch

I like trader joes hashbrowns baked served a top sautéed greens with a schmear of goat cheese, a dallop of harissa & topped with an egg over medium, salt & peppered

Also love hard boiled eggs mixed with spicy mustard with seeds, carrot shavings, & a lil olive oil, salt & pepper

Avocado halves baked filled with eggs topped with Parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes

Frittatas with any& all veggies & lots of greens = great leftovers (or u can make little frittata cups in a muffin tin & freeze then microwave)

Um ok now I'm gonna have breakfast for dinner
  • coalz
    Options
    Also like the steel cut oats with blueberries, Gogi berries, coconut oil, cinnamon & hemp seed
    & smoothies
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I prep my lunches for the week. It changes each week. This is also easier to log, as once you've weighed your meal once, you can just pre-log it on the other days.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I started prepping my meals Sundays. I pretty much eat the same thing the whole week. Then I switch it up a bit the next week. But I'm finding that I swap between the same 3-4 meals...
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    no, I mix it up otherwise it gets boring and I end up skipping it, oats, weetabix, or whatever else is in the kitchen at the time
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have the virtually the same smoothie every morning with greens, fruit and protein powder. I feel like I get the minimum nutritional requirements taken care of, so I don't have to stress if my other meals fall short.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm horribly predictable. I eat almost the same thing for breakfast and lunch for months on end. It makes it easy to prep and stick to. It's just my personality that it doesn't get old, I know a lot of people couldn't do this. But when I don't like changing things up. Even when not logging, I have generally stick to the same list of things. We mix it up more at dinner, but still have a fairly small rotation.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm horribly predictable. I eat almost the same thing for breakfast and lunch for months on end. It makes it easy to prep and stick to. It's just my personality that it doesn't get old, I know a lot of people couldn't do this. But when I don't like changing things up. Even when not logging, I have generally stick to the same list of things. We mix it up more at dinner, but still have a fairly small rotation.

I wish I was like this

I'm sick of having the need for constant variety
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Usually I have one of 3 things for breakfast:
    1 scrambled egg w/green onion wrap
    2 scrambled eggs with or without the green onion
    1 or 2 egg omelet w/onion, little shredded cheese and whatever meat is leftover

All take less than 5 minutes to make so my mornings are quick.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Would you also mind sharing what you have for breakfast and lunch for those who have the same thing daily. Thanks

Check my diary. Weekdays have very little variance. Weekends a little more so. Other than the protein shake, the rice, the beans, and this week the kale, everything for breakfast and dinner gets cooked in the same iron skillet at pretty much the same time.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have a rotation of easy to make breakfast meals, lunch is pretty much the same thing, just different veggies and canned fish, and for dinner, I find a bulk cook whatever recipe interests me once or twice a week.

I've always been pretty samey.