No water!

Options

Replies

• Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I just drank it. Eventually I came to like/prefer it. I drink pretty much only water now.

^^^ It grows on you... I prefer it now :)
  • debbieled32
    Options
    let a mint tea bag sit in your water bottle over night.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    water with fresh lemon wedges
    that mio fit water enhancer stuff
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I used to use crystal lights but they gave me the worst headaches! Now I've switched to Mio and I really like it. It's easy to drink and easy to keep a couple in your purse for when you're on the go.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I hardly drank it before I began my new life changes but now I drink so much it HAS flavour and I love it!! I was the same as you at first btw and I now drink 2/3 bottles a day.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I agree with one of the repliers above, I just drank it (even though like you on most days I only drank water if i was VERY thirsty) and now I really love it. I don't like to call it plain, or tasteless, I say that it has that taste that you just can't explain. I love water though. So my advice is to just start drinking it.

Also it was very difficult for me to be able to get 8 cups in a day. It was sooo much! But I got a water bottle kind of like one of these:

BPA-free-water-bottle.jpg

It's soo much easier to drink water with one of them especially since you just have a straw to sip through. You drink it up without even really noticing. And the best part of it is that one water bottle has about 3 cups of water so you're pretty much halfway done with one bottle! (Sorry for making that sound like an ad)

But anyway, main point is just drink it.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    -
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened iced tea with fresh lemon works for me. Also I find water tastes better if it is over ice. Then it is actually great. One more option would be something like a Brita water filter; I found that to be amazing when I had one (moved and lost it.)

Tea is not water. Water is water.

Anything with caffeine dehydrates. And yes, Britta filters are awesome.

*sigh*

Here we go again. While tea is technically not water, it is remarkably hydrating. The amount of caffeine in it very negligibly dehydrating. You could very safely get all of your hydration just from drinking tea. A water suspension is not chemically different from plain water. (I would post supporting links, but I doubt it would do anything to help kill this myth. Those who already know this wouldn't benefit and those who are convinced that anything with caffeine is automatically dehydrating probably wouldn't read them anyhow.)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Lots of ice
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Here's what you do:

1 quart water
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 teaspoons of sweetener
    Drink 2 of these a day. Every week, lessen the lemon and sweetener by a little bit, until you can drink it with nothing.

But for me, since my water tastes horrid because it sits in a plastic tank all day, I add a packet of Sweet and Low to each quart. I can drink it like that, it covers p the plastic taste. Water is like 99% of what I drink.

BTW, just drinking it because it's good for you is not something to do... You MUST make it enjoyable, you MUST adapt to it. Once you adapt, it's second nature. I used to be the same as you, I HATED water :)

Trust me, once you get into a routine, you'll not think of it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    BTW, just drinking it because it's good for you is not something to do...

Why not? There are plenty of things I do routinely that aren't particularly fun but I do them anyhow because they're good for me. Why can't drinking water be one of those things? Whatever happened to having discipline to do that which is right without having to trick ourselves into doing it?
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just like coffee, or alcohol, it's an acquired taste...but I found it's easier to get used to it when you're working out all the time. And now is the perfect time, when it's a hot day, to grab a bottle of cold water because it does taste good. Just keep drinking it...
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Lots of ice
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I drink my water with a shot of sweet tea vodka in it. It certainly helps the taste.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can buy packets of True Lemon, True Lime, True Grapefruit, True Orange... Theres other flavors too. You can buy them on Amazon. They are crystalized all natural fruit flavorings. Not sweetened or anything.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the type of life people lead that lets them get in a situation where drinking water is not normal.

How did you get there? Did your parents tell you it was dirty? Where you kept away?

>insert gif DRINK ALL THE WATER<
  • marinetteloser
    Options
    -lemon juice (fresh squeezed is better, but some people like concentrate)
    This, I've been working at a desk for years, drinking either nothing or a pot of coffee a day, and lemon juice had made water a LOT more drinkable.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Just make instant gravy and drink that.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I was the same way years ago when I had never really had water on a regular basis. I worked my way from soda to flavored water and eventually I just drank plain water and now I generally feel like I couldn't have enough of it.

If you don't have a brita filter (or any water filtration system in general) I suggest investing in one (they're super cheap). Sometimes water can have a funky taste depending on your location, and filtering it makes it almost have a sweetness to it.

But really, the only way you can get yourself to drink more of it is to just drink more of it. :P
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the type of life people lead that lets them get in a situation where drinking water is not normal.

How did you get there? Did your parents tell you it was dirty? Where you kept away?

>insert gif DRINK ALL THE WATER<

Pop. Lots and lots of pop. We were never allowed to get sugary cereal but we always had pop in the house. I was never offered water as a drink as a child, it was milk or pop. I just never formed the habit of drinking water.