Being fit and Healthy

Options
So i have only been on this site for a short time. i am new to the world of dieting, calorie counting and watching what i eat. I always just took what my family and friends told me as truth, which was that i'd always be the big boned, pudgy one.

About a week ago i decided to say screw them. i will be what i want to be which is healthy. i am sick of wheezing my way up the stairs and only running 30 seconds before needing a break. I joined this site to find the healthier me that i know is buried somewhere.

I am less concerned with my actual weight then i am with my health and fitness levels. in all honesty i haven't weighed myself in over a year so even the weight on my profile was a guess. I just want to trim some belly fat and maybe drop a dress size or two and be fit enough to take on any challenge i want.

I have already found alot of encouragement and motivation on this site and i thank everyone for that. This is the beginning of a new journey for me and I will appreciate all of the help and advice i can get.

Jen

Replies

• tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just curious: Why won't you weigh yourself?
  • LuvNCarol
    LuvNCarol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This site is a great start. I've been here for about 2 weeks and it's been awesome. Add me as a friend and we'll keep each other motivated!!!!
  • jenibookworm
    Options
    I don't own a scale. I just have never felt the need. I think i am going to get one though. i think that it would be motivating for me to have something concrete to show for my hard work. I have just never been concerned with my weight vrs how i look in the mirror.
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When I finally got a scale it was a big motivator for me to get myself healthy. Good luck!!!