Something I'm still confused about, please help!

Options
So basically my MFP tells me this;

I need to eat 1330 calories daily, and burn 312 calories 6 days a week to burn 2lbs a week and get my goal by August 8.

If I eat 1330 calories, then burn 312 calories, do I need to eat back those 312 calories? Or should I leave my body with 1000 calories to work with?

I'm extremely confused, I've read posts but those don't really answer my question!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up for you to eat your exercise calories back since it already has you with a deficit. Just incase the exercise calories are not as correct as they could be eat maybe 2/3rds of them back to play it safe. It's not healthy to only eat 1000 cals net.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up for you to eat your calories back, so the harder you work, the more you can fuel your body. I've been advised by a Dr., a Personal Trainer and a nutritionist to never go below 1,200 NET. So if I burn 500, I should eat at least 1,700. It's worked well, and most days I NET 1,260. If I work out, I eat more. If I'm sedentary, I eat less. But 1,200 should be your minimum from what I've learned.
  • AbeMaj
    AbeMaj Posts: 10
    Options
    So basically, if I just ate 1330 calories a day and couldn't exercise due to an injury, would I still be losing the same weight as if I did burn 312 calories a day and ate them back?
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    So basically, if I just ate 1330 calories a day and couldn't exercise due to an injury, would I still be losing the same weight as if I did burn 312 calories a day and ate them back?

Yes. Eating at a deficit creates weight loss. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight. Exercise improves your health.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Yes. Eating at a deficit creates weight loss. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight. Exercise improves your health.

True plus exercise lets you eat more which is a good thing! :)
  • AbeMaj
    AbeMaj Posts: 10
    Options
    Sweet, thank you all! Really appreciate it :)