advice needed

Options
ok 5ft 10 288 # got the cardio part but need advice on strenght training my problem is my right hand has nerve damage so i cant grip anything i do use some of the machines but im getting bored with them and i cant go too heavy any ideas ?

Replies

• crispw60
    crispw60 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello Andrew. Maybe bodyweight exercises would work for you, such as planks, lunges, and squats. This core-focused strength training can be performed with many variations to keep boredom at bay and to increase effectiveness. You may even incorporate a stability ball for additional challenges that don't require gripping with your hand. Doing these can fuel your fat burning furnace with an interval-type approach and and even support your cardio workout. Seems like the possibilities are virtually endless and they're more challenging than they seem. Trust me, you'll burn.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    look into a zercher harness for some barbell movements
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Consider starting with bodyweight work, youtube YAYOG and Convict Conditioning. For free-weights have you considered wrist straps/hooks? It's great you have the cardio down and working on resistance but major part of your weight loss success will happen in the kitchen.