cutting calories

Options
JBcat123
JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
Hi. my name is Nellie. I'm eating 1900 calories to lose weight. so far I lost 11 pounds. every 10 or 15 pounds lost do I cut calories? like do I go lower in my intake and change my goals? on weightwatchers I remember I lowered my points when I got smaller. so yeah this is my question. do I keep cutting my calories every 10 or 15 pounds?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes.

• JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    k thankyou :smile:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    JBcat123 wrote: »
    Hi. my name is Nellie. I'm eating 1900 calories to lose weight. so far I lost 11 pounds. every 10 or 15 pounds lost do I cut calories? like do I go lower in my intake and change my goals? on weightwatchers I remember I lowered my points when I got smaller. so yeah this is my question. do I keep cutting my calories every 10 or 15 pounds?

The more calories one eats when losing the less likely one is to regain 100%+ of weight loss down the road. Read up on the subject. As long you are losing your calorie level has to be working for you. Cutting calories very much day in and day out typically lowers one's metabolism which is counterproductive to weight loss and insures regains at some future point in time. Google is often one's friend to find medical facts about any way of eating.

Best of continued success. You have things going your way it sounds.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I would hold off on dropping calories until your weight loss stalls. Why eat less if you don't need to!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    JBcat123 wrote: »

Yes you do. MFP will tell you to redo your goals every once in a while. Wait until they do that.