Anyone tried Plant based protein products?

Options
2»

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    PlantFusion or their "athlete" brand of NitroFusion are my favorite powders at reasonable prices.

You can also order your own blends in bulk at True Nutrition and prices are... reasonable. I have yet to try a flavor of theirs that I truly like, though... but that's possibly the blends that I choose.

My SO prefers Orgain's protein powder, but I find them too sweet for my tastes.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I have recently switched to Essential 10 plant based protein (they have a whey option that I haven't tried). I like Luna Bars but they have soy. I try not to eat them every day but they are tasty and have good protein and fiber. Lara bars are great if you want limited ingredients and no soy.

Lara Bars don't have much protein at all though (I think about 4 grams). They're tasty, but a better source of fat and carbohydrates.

Good point.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate Orgain, because I can't handle dairy or whey, and it's usually priced lower than other plant based proteins.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder Bars. Tasty, affordable, high protein.
    Totally. I'm hopelessly addicted to them - especially the peanut butter flavors!