have you lost over 50 pounds?

Options
chism21
chism21 Posts: 155 Member
if that you case add my as a friend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
the true is that i'm 135 pounds over weight and I'm looking for a mentor
a person with some experience that can inspire, motivate and teach me
which are the best for to lose the extra weight so if you are up to the challenge
or have any advice hit me up!!!

Replies

• erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    At 50 now.

What are you doing currently to lose?
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I Just Hit My 1 Year Mark This Week & Am Down 130 Lbs. It Is Definitely Doable But Its Not Easy. It Just Takes Hard Work & Commitment. You Definitely Can Do It Though! You Are On Here & Ready To Start Which Is The 1St Step.
  • LauraB168
    LauraB168 Posts: 8
    Options
    HI there

I lost 128lbs to get to my target weight almost 3 years ago. I fluctuate up and down with 18lbs but I am ok with that.

It's a life long committment and a lifestyle change which I have found for the better.

Good luck you can do it!!!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have lost 180+ pounds...feel free to add me :)
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80. And counting - working on the last 13 or so!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am down 85...feel free to add me.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Patience.
    Caloric Deficit.
    Determination.
    Eat enough.

That's all you need. No secrets.
  • simplynano
    Options
    I gave up processed foods and the weight started to fall off. I'm happy to help if I can. Congrats to you for reaching out. That's a great step!
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You don't have 135 to lose - maybe 90-100, but as a guy who started off in the 270s too, you'll be fine.

Diet is more important for weight loss than exercise, but exercise allows you to eat more and can build more muscle/stop wasting the muscles you already have.
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    sarahelizabeth2276 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've lost just about 100lbs. It's been quite the journey. Feel free to add me!!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I started January 4, and am down 56.6 pounds so far. My goal is eating healthy and getting fit. I have a total of 129 pounds to lose and do not look upon this as a diet that will someday end, but as a new lifestyle to be maintained once I reach my goal.
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Patience.
    Caloric Deficit.
    Determination.
    Eat enough.

This!!! There is no secret or no trick... it's all about moving more and creating a caloric deficit. It will not be easy but it can be done. Many people on this site are proof of that... You just have to want it bad enough!
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started January 4, and am down 56.6 pounds so far. My goal is eating healthy and getting fit. I have a total of 129 pounds to lose and do not look upon this as a diet that will someday end, but as a new lifestyle to be maintained once I reach my goal.

This!
  • chism21
    Options
    Thanks you; guys for the amazing responses I been getting. I hope we can develop a circle of motivation in which we encourage each other and others.

Now how about you tell about you first experiences with strength training.
    It might be just me, but I feel intimidated of entering that section of the gym
    and according to many there is where you cut down the gut
  • dbustamante76
    Options
    Patience.
    Caloric Deficit.
    Determination.
    Eat enough.

This ^^^^^ exactly also don't give up when it gets hard because it will get hard but the pay off in the end is so much more worth it then giving up. You will get annoyed and tired but remember once you reach your goal that feeling of accomplishment will make you remember all the Bull**** you went through and it will make you never want to go back! good luck on your journey stick to the boards lots of great people on here!
  • LYNN8SUPERSTAR
    Options
    Yes , Alot of trial and error. Right now im concentrating on building muscles strength :smile: Im still like this in the weight room :blushing: LOL!!!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    ...but I feel intimidated of entering that section of the gym
    and according to many there is where you cut down the gut

Focus on your intake first. Nothing wrong with working out, lifting, etc. I LOVE lifting, but table pushaways are the best workout for getting rid of a gut. There's no exercise that's going to make your gut go away specifically... nor the flabby underarms.. neck rolls... back-fat... any of that.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Patience.
    Caloric Deficit.
    Determination.
    Eat enough.

^^as another person who's lost 3 times that (50 pounds) I endorse Trog's message...
  • chism21
    Options
    Patience.
    Caloric Deficit.
    Determination.
    Eat enough.

Guy I now there is not secret; the thing I believe in learning a much of as you can to succeed in anything; so I would really appreciate any stories oh how you guys controlled your intakes at the beginning how did you feel what you started changing!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Patience.
    Caloric Deficit.
    Determination.
    Eat enough.

Guy I now there is not secret; the thing I believe in learning a much of as you can to succeed in anything; so I would really appreciate any stories oh how you guys controlled your intakes at the beginning how did you feel what you started changing!

How I controlled my intake? It's simple. Count everything you eat. Everything. Weigh it. Get a food scale. If you can't count it, don't eat it.