Southern gal looking to encourage and be encouraged!

Options
I've gained about 30-40 pounds within the past couple of years, and it's time to get to work. I turn 30 this year (yikes). I don't want to feel the way that I have for the past couple of years. So I'm looking for a helpful crew that I can help and can also help me get through this.

Sarcastic, witty people are definitely welcome.

Talk to meeeeeee.

Replies

• DadisFat1975
    DadisFat1975 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I'm trying this with other people. It's super helpful. Definitely better to turn to this group instead of McDonalds when I need a pick me up. Welcome to the club!
  • ColinSham2016
    ColinSham2016 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place and MFP has worked really well for me. Be true to yourself and be realistic. Log everything and ask for help if it is not working out. Beware of BS stick to the basics set yourself a few goals along the way with a final goal as well. Always aim for that goal don't relax when you lose a few pounds this isn't a diet its a lifestyle change and a way to retrain the brain and the body for the rest of your life. It wasn't easy for me at the start and I felt like giving up many times. I'm still chasing that goal and when I reach it in will have to stay focused to maintain it. I wish you all the best and hope to hear what your goals are and when you hope to achieve them.
  • firecrackrbaby
    firecrackrbaby Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mr. Sham!
  • SH0GUN_N2B
    SH0GUN_N2B Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

Lets start with the basics then, what is your diet plan ? How many days in a week you want make workouts ?
  • firecrackrbaby
    Options
    I'm focusing on lowering my calorie count and exercising 1-2 times a week at this point (slow start). In the past, I've gone hardcore right from the gate e.g. "I'm gonna go full KETO and work out 6 DAYS A WEEK," which is obviously not sustainable right off the bat. So I'm trying to take it slow.
  • _cwll
    _cwll Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm? What's that? ;)
    Congrats on your decision and trust me there are worse things than turning 30. ;)
    Hardcore from the gate won't get you anywhere imo. It took me 2 years to lose about 20kg because I wanted them gone forever and not coming back. :)
  • firecrackrbaby
    Options
    How many stones is that?

(demonstrating my English lingo)