Need to lose 5KG fast

Options
Guys do you think this is healthy? Or even achievable. Any tips please
Currently I weigh 55Kg and I desperatley want to be 50Kg by the first week of May. I've lost 10kg already but im strugglng with these last pounds.

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    No, no and none.
    What is with all these 'lose x by y' posts?
    Spring fever? Bath salts?
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy, but it's definitely achievable. You need ~1750 calorie deficit every day until May 1. How you do that is up to you. Considering how small you already are, it's going to mean exercising a ton and eating very little.

It isn't smart, but it's technically *possible*, depending on how bad you want it.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Get the word "fast" out of your head. Lose weight at a sustainable rate - which often means slowly. Unless, of course, you want to keep losing & gaining the same weight over and over, ad infinitum.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't advise it, you haven't much to lose....slow and steady is best.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.

I need a nap, lol.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Why? What earth shattering event is going to happen at the beginning of May that requires you lose 5 kg?
  • ari7l
    ari7l Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay so how much can I "safely" lose by May?
    :(
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ari7l wrote: »

1/2 - 1lb per week is ideal when you don't have a lot to lose :smile: be patient and wishing you all the best :smile:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

How ever much comes off safely. 1-2 pounds per week is usually a safe weight loss. Depends on how much you need to lose.

EDIT: Sorry missed that in your post. You weigh about 120 pounds. you're looking at a weight loss of about a half pound a week to be safe.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Find yourself a time machine, go back two or three months, and start your diet! That should do it!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Why? What happens in May? Is it the end of the world? I need to make plans if so.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, I have an important dance audition on May 1st... Then again, I planned ahead and only have about 1kg left to go, so it's not the end of the world as such ;)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    At most, half a pound a week would be a healthy loss.

How tall are you?
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Atkins... you will lose water weight first but you can seriously drop pounds quick on it.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Atkins... you will lose water weight first but you can seriously drop pounds quick on it.

No.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

No.

What's with the No? It's only my opinion.. and from experience and plenty of others it's true. It doesn't look like the OP needs to lose weight, so losing fat will be hard and probably not achievable in her time frame.. however if she is bloated somewhat from carbohydrates and she cut them out - she would lose that water weight quickly.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Why? What happens in May? Is it the end of the world? I need to make plans if so.

Right? What's with all the threads lately, "I need to lose [unreasonable amount of weight] in [unreasonable time frame]"?

OP, assuming the world will not end if you're not 10 lbs lighter by the first week of May, just plug your stats into MFP, meet the calorie goal it gives you,and wherever you are in May is where you are. Make sure you put in .5 lbs/week as your rate of loss. Since you only want to lose 10 lbs, anything else is too aggressive.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Unless you are short , 55kg is already a very acceptable weight. What's with the deadline of May? The potential motivation behind this weightloss in this timeframe is concerning.

If you are 55kg, not incredibly short and still unhappy with how you look, why not look into recomposition - put on muscle and lose fat but end up at the same weight - the results are amazing.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Right? What's with all the threads lately, "I need to lose [unreasonable amount of weight] in [unreasonable time frame]"?

OP, assuming the world will not end if you're not 10 lbs lighter by the first week of May, just plug your stats into MFP, meet the calorie goal it gives you,and wherever you are in May is where you are. Make sure you put in .5 lbs/week as your rate of loss. Since you only want to lose 10 lbs, anything else is too aggressive.

I have a few theories about this, since I've noticed it too. It could be that wedding "season " is coming up. Also, there are a lot of workplaces, like mine, that have Biggest Loser contests going on.

Although, that doesn't explain all of the Starvation Mode arguments I've been seeing lately, too..