6 week ab challenge for wimps, Starts 4/11/16

Options

Replies

• Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I am so sore today! Looking forward to and dreading today's. I think I will have to break them up. I about reached complete muscle failure on the last one last night. Now I understand why people yell at the gym. LOL
  • wolvesrule31
    wolvesrule31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    I did mine last night but I don't think I'm doing the vertical leg crunch properly I didn't feel anything while I was doing it.

I sure did! The vertical leg crunch got me to muscle failure. Are you making sure to keep your chin off your chest? Keeping you neck straight increases effect greatly.

I'm going to watch a you tube video tonight before I do them tonight to make sure I'm doing it right.
  • wolvesrule31
    Options
    I think I got it right tonight totally felt the burn
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I had to wait and do the last set. Reached muscle failure and was sore from yesterday. LOL Hurts so good.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Its Friday. That means I get to add some more torture procedures for our tum tums! Dont know about you, but if someone tried to touch my upper abs, I would probably smack em. OUCH! Laughing does not come without consequence. Here is today and tomorrow's routine. Good luck!

Crunch 3X10
    Targets: Upper abdominals

Lying flat on the ground with knees bent and hands behind the head, push lower back into the ground and lift upper back off the ground and slightly forward.

Vertical Leg Crunch 3X10

Lie flat on the floor with lower back pressed to the ground. Place hands behind head. Extend legs straight up, crossed at the ankles with a slight bend in the knee. Contract abdominal muscles by lifting torso toward knees. Make sure to keep chin off your chest with each contraction. Exhale as you contract upward; inhale as you return to the starting position.

V-Ups 3X10

Lie faceup with legs and arms extended. Keeping knees and elbows locked, simultaneously raise upper body and lower body while trying to touch fingers to toes.

I promise Monday we will get other areas of the abs!
  • civasweeney2013
    civasweeney2013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im joining this too , a little catching up to do !
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Glad to have ya! Have fun and good luck!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    sarabushby wrote: »
    @ninerbuff you know about this stuff, or anyone else knowledgeable?

Is it actually realistic to see any visual change in abs over a 6wk period from just 3x10 reps of an exercise daily? Assuming, and this is the biggest factor, but assuming no weight loss/fat loss through diet/ calorie deficit. I get that most people will lose weight over 6wks which will help in the definition of any abs muscles regardless, but what if you're already at maintenance?

By JUST doing these... probably not so much. Add in cardio, and full body workouts though, and a couple inches could be lost, which would result in a noticeable difference.

Now, if it were something like Stronglifts 3x per week... definitely. :tongue:
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Regardless of a visual change, I FEEL the change and that is what counts.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    So glad tomorrow is our rest day. I am sore as all get out. How is everyone else doing? Did you get the whole week in?
  • wolvesrule31
    Options
    Do we do the same 3 today we did Friday.
  • rebgilli
    rebgilli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I join late?
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Here is today and tomorrow's routine.

Crunch 3X10

Lying flat on the ground with knees bent and hands behind the head, push lower back into the ground and lift upper back off the ground and slightly forward.

Vertical Leg Crunch 3X10

Lie flat on the floor with lower back pressed to the ground. Place hands behind head. Extend legs straight up, crossed at the ankles with a slight bend in the knee. Contract abdominal muscles by lifting torso toward knees. Make sure to keep chin off your chest with each contraction. Exhale as you contract upward; inhale as you return to the starting position.

V-Ups 3X10

Lie faceup with legs and arms extended. Keeping knees and elbows locked, simultaneously raise upper body and lower body while trying to touch fingers to toes.

Raised Knee-In 3X10
    Targets: Lower abdominals

Lie on back, arms along sides, palms down and just under lower back and butt. Press the small of your back against the floor and extend legs outward, with heels about 3 inches above the floor. Keeping lower back against the floor, lift left knee toward chest. Your right leg should remain hovering above the floor. Hold, then straighten left leg to the starting position and repeat with right leg.

Good Luck!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Sorry posted so late today. Very busy and unique day at work that kept me from my computer.
  • civasweeney2013
    Options
    Day one of this done , this is tough !!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Good morning my fellow sore ab friends. Here is your routine for today and tomorrow. Good luck!

Crunch (3X10)

Vertical Leg Crunch (3X10)

V-Ups(3X10)

Raised Knee-In (3X10)

Lie on back, arms along sides, palms down and just under lower back and butt. Press the small of your back against the floor and extend legs outward, with heels about 3 inches above the floor. Keeping lower back against the floor, lift left knee toward chest. Your right leg should remain hovering above the floor. Hold, then straighten left leg to the starting position and repeat with right leg.

Reverse Crunch (3X10)

Lie flat on the floor with lower back pressed to the ground. Place hands behind head or extend out alongside body. Crossing legs at ankles, lift feet up. Pull lower back off the floor as you contract abs. Reach legs toward the ceiling with each contraction.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Day one of this done , this is tough !!

Yes it is. I have to break mine up throughout the day or else I reach muscle failure and cannot complete. I hurt so bad! LOL
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Happy Friday! I wont lie, I skipped a few days this week. However, I will make up for it over the weekend. I personally dont see much of a change in appearance, but I certainly feel the change under my flab! Maybe by the end of the next challenge I will get to see it, too.

Crunch (3X10)

Vertical Leg Crunch (3X10)

V-Ups(3X10)

Raised Knee-In (3X10)

Reverse Crunch (3X10)

Lie flat on the floor with lower back pressed to the ground. Place hands behind head or extend out alongside body. Crossing legs at ankles, lift feet up. Pull lower back off the floor as you contract abs. Reach legs toward the ceiling with each contraction.

Flutter Kicks (3 one minute sets)

Lie faceup with legs extended, toes pointed, and hands tucked underneath glutes to support lower back. Lift both legs off the floor a few inches and alternately kick legs up and down.
  • civasweeney2013
    Options
    Done !
  • civasweeney2013
    Options
    Done !