Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Apps to measure steps and walking

Does anyone have suggestions on other apps to link to this to measure my steps that are more accurate and also, do these apps generally use up alot of data and how exactly can they accurately measure your steps just a bit lost. Help!

Replies

• drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Under Armour has one called "Map My Run" which is pretty accurate.
  • lydiayoung90281
    lydiayoung90281 Posts: 20 Member
    drwilseyjr wrote: »
    Under Armour has one called "Map My Run" which is pretty accurate.

Does it use up alot of data?
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I'm not a runner obviously but I just started using UA's Map My WALK. Pedometers require you to measure your stride length for accuracy. MMR uses your cellphone's GPS to track your distance and after you are done, it logs your exercise here and even posts it to Facebook if you want. I am enjoying it.

The Map My Run has many options for mapping including run, walk, cycling, etc.
  • Brushami
    Brushami Posts: 17 Member
    I have used MapMyRun, MapMyWalk, and MapMyFitness in conjuction with MFP and UA Record. I also have a UA Band that tracks steps just like any other wearable tech. I have not seen too many discrepancies using these in combination.